Running thread

You sure do like your piss up before a LSR mate, kudos for that, takes some doing but a great hangover cure.
I'm nowt special mate, I just keep turning up, maybe not yourself as I know you can do it, but hopefully my runs show to others that it can be done if you want to do it, little over a year ago I was 15stone and smoking like a trooper dreading having signed up for the london marathon, thinking how the fuck would I be able to get round.
I take inspiration from loads on here, yourself, inchy, bluehammer with his huge runstreak even worsleyweb inspires as he keeps trying.
This thread is great for helping folk out, and has definitely helped me a lot with it.
Now enough of this drivel Im off for a run before the match!!
Cheers mate, think we all inspire each other to be honest, I need to up my distance once I know my iron tablets are working, reading your posts is making me more determined, aiming for a 20 miler by end of March hopefully.

*Todays Gaz76 blowing his own trumpet post*

Great day for it today, just went out for a steady long one, and kept goinView attachment 11339
Blimey. You are slightly insane. You are supposed to be inspiring us with your reports not giving us an inferiority complex. "Kept goin" and ran a marathon? Especially after that 48 hour challenge a few days back?

Btw I tried the ice and heat treatment together with some stretching type exercise and my injury is much improved. Looking forward to a more normal 6 miles trail run tomorrow.

Went for my first run in 7 months (8km) last Sunday and going again tomorrow morning. Had tight hamstrings for 4 days after last run. Any tips to stop this?

Went for my first run in 7 months (8km) last Sunday and going again tomorrow morning. Had tight hamstrings for 4 days after last run. Any tips to stop this?
You can avoid this and other injuries by adhering to the 10 per cent rule to never increase your weekly mileage by more than 10 precent.

Obviously this won't work if the previous weeks mileage was zero, but the principal is to build up gradually. For example, run a mile every couple of days for the first week, then two every couple of days for the second week and so on until reasonable mileage to which 10 percent can be applied.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.