United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club and its fans seem to be doing a Full Rafa of late, going all-in on conspiracy theories designed to deny them any and all success.

Hate to see it.
Sometimes, in moments when I'm being charitable in my thinking and my mind is concentrating on the images conjured up by watching our own marvellous City team perform, I forget the rivalry I've known between us and The Red Filth these past 60+ years and fleetingly I give that lot the benefit of the doubt about some current issue or other..

But then, stuff like this penalty business at Chelsea happens and the subsequent reactions from The Red Filth and its legion of supporters in the venal UK media cause me to give myself a good slap and give my head a wobble, as the young people nowadays would put it.

It's at those moments I refer back to a list of stuff I jotted down in a post on here a while ago that reminds me just why I hate that lot across town; things they've been up to whilst I've been on this rock hurtling through space-time along with everyone else..

"During my time I’ve witnessed the behaviours of Manchester United (not a comprehensive list):

- the dreadful treatment of its staff post-Munich
- the financial shenanigans that secured them World Cup ground status in 1966 ahead of City (Maine Road had 32000 seats in place, cf United’s 18000 and both grounds were equidistant from the City centre for travel)
- the financial shenanigans that got the first cantilever stand built as a result
- the strong arming of other clubs in the 90s to change levies and gate receipts procedures in their favour
- the steady accretion of power post-creation of the Premier League, all at the expense of other clubs
- the general arrogance of the club and many of its followers as they mopped up honours and money and power
- the self-entitlement of the club and its supporters over decades
- its manipulation of the media to its own ends
- its involvement in undermining our club via FFP and the ‘legal’ processes which followed on from that
- and so on and so and so on.."

So, like Jim Broadbent ranted in 'The Street', f**k 'em. I really hope we give them a good leathering on Sunday.

I may be daft but Keanes logic just doesn’t add up

“United are bound to get more penalties because they attack more than other teams “

more the City and Liverpool ??????

I would be amazed if that was the case

“United are bound to get more penalties because they attack more than other teams “

He's talking about the pitch not the goal

in the last 5 season under pep we scored a shit load of goals from inside the box. but the pen shouts and the VAR soft pens we got was poor for a team scoring over 90 to 100 goals a season. i think it was the season we won the title and league cup 2nd season under pep. it was shocking the amount of pens we got turned down by the officials and sterling got called out for diving ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.