Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

out of interest. What is the FFP rule ?
Are you only allowed to spend a certain amount ?

its based on revenue over a period of time. if you are making a loss every season then its a percentage taken into account of your revenue. your owners can not spend the money the club are not generating. so personal wealth is taken out of the clubs hands. i think its no more than 20% of your turn over and your debt must be seen to be coming down. uefa set a limit and give you 3 or 4 seasons to prove you are managing your account

but in man city case we are debt free and revenue is one of the best in europe so FFP does not really come into account. i think city have £600million from new sponsorship in training kits new kit puma and a share sales

but the big big thing in city favour is a new club sponsor is up for grabs after the etihad 10 year deal is up
it could range from £500 million to £800 million or more

On the BT commentary last night I don't think they mentioned the price of our players once, I'm not saying it wasn't mentioned at any time but it certainly wasn't rammed down our throats as per normal. In fact they were constantly throwing praise at us. It seemed quite strange. Savage couldn't praise us enough!

Maybe they do read and heed this forum :).

Thank you this is the point I was hoping to make, some get it others read it as moaning about City.

We (I don't think) have not paid a British record fee for a player since maybe the Trevor Francis / Steve Daley era (and maybe not even then).

I think we have invested wisely and spread our purchases across good players and made them brilliant as opposed to paying top dollar for the likes of Pogba, van Dyke etc... this never gets mentioned and it pisses me off!
Daley was record transfer fee when he joined us, but didnt hold the record for long as Wolves went straight out and bought Andy Gray for a slightly bigger fee. Id imagine a certain team not too far away has broken transfer record multiple teams since then.
The galactico approach doesnt always work and can cause issues with egos etc whilst our squad seems to have a good bond.

its the we have a bigger squad than everyone else that does me.

Ermm No! We have the same size squad as every fucker else, just more quality
We might hold the record for the biggest squad ever when Joe Royle turned up and we had 50+ players on the books training at that tiny training ground on Platt Lane.

Imagine what that must have been like?! Haha

But, now, we have the same 25-man-size squad as every single other team in the league! And we don’t have the top salary expenditure neither.

It‘s valid commentary, if tedious to the nth degree. But without spending all those millions, we couldn’t have broken the cartels so fcuk em...then fcuk em again.

Don't think any of our attacking players are above 6ft tall , they must be getting us mixed up with Dyche's six finger brigade.
I understand that the PL are formulating a modification of squad make-up. Every PL team has to have a couple of six-fingered players - doesn't matter if they home-grown or foreign. Cue Rag fans knitting gloves with six-fingers.

We might hold the record for the biggest squad ever when Joe Royle turned up and we had 50+ players on the books training at that tiny training ground on Platt Lane.

Imagine what that must have been like?! Haha

But, now, we have the same 25-man-size squad as every single other team in the league! And we don’t have the top salary expenditure neither.

crazy times that. 2/3 changing rooms full of players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.