Your First Derby Game

The one where Roy Keane scored the winner to make it 3-2 after us being 2-0 up at half time. Couple of Quinn goals if my memory serves me right. That big nosed French **** got a couple back for that lot and the ref was a wanker. 1993 I think.

Didn't make it to a derby until 2007. The one Geovanni scored the winner in and Bojinov got taken off early on. Tevez was also playing for them.

We had Kasper Schmeichel in goal for us at the time with Joe Hart starting the season as backup. I decided I didn't like Joe because I thought he swore too much during the warm up.

Not a true derby. Friendly here in Texas. Couple years ago. We lost but got my first real glimpse of a young Phil Foden. My rag mate was even impressed by him. Quick and great on the ball.

Can't remember the first one. In fact, can't remember the last one. But I can remember a reserve derby at Maine Road where the fat bastard Dawson was playing for the Rags, and gave Maradonna a dress rehearsal for his 'hand of God'. Clear as fuckin' day he swung his arm over his head and guided it into the net. Ref didn't want to know, the cheating bastard. That was the day I started to fuck refs off!
You have me confused now DWBe, I always had my first Derby down as 1961, at Maine Road, I can remember being on my Dad's shoulders in the Kippax towards the scoreboard end,I can recall Utd had a corner from the Main Stand /scoreboard end, the ball was put in the net by as you say Dawson who rose and punched it in the net making it looked like he headed it, I can still recall saying to my dad " he punched that Dad " no he didn't my dad said ( he was a rag ) Utd won the game 3.1 Maybe that's why I became a blue, cheating bastard back then, as I say I stand corrected if my memory is playing tricks.

The one where Roy Keane scored the winner to make it 3-2 after us being 2-0 up at half time. Couple of Quinn goals if my memory serves me right. That big nosed French **** got a couple back for that lot and the ref was a wanker. 1993 I think.

Yep, Nov 93. I met my wife a week later. It softened the blow of that result!

You have me confused now DWBe, I always had my first Derby down as 1961, at Maine Road, I can remember being on my Dad's shoulders in the Kippax towards the scoreboard end,I can recall Utd had a corner from the Main Stand /scoreboard end, the ball was put in the net by as you say Dawson who rose and punched it in the net making it looked like he headed it, I can still recall saying to my dad " he punched that Dad " no he didn't my dad said ( he was a rag ) Utd won the game 3.1 Maybe that's why I became a blue, cheating bastard back then, as I say I stand corrected if my memory is playing tricks.

Steve Fleet was in goal and he sprinted after the ref to remonstrate, but the cheating bastard, probably Dawson's Dad, wasn't for listening. I shall consult my printed oracle. They did win 3-1

Edit: 4 Mar 1961 We lost 3-1 but it doesn't give the Rag scorers. Waggy got ours. I shall research further.

Further Edit:

Manchester City vs Manchester United​

Division One (Old)
Sat 04 March 1961.

Score: L 1-3

Attendance: 50479

Team​

1. Steve Fleet
  2. Bill Leivers
  3. Barrie Betts
  4. David Shawcross
  5. Jackie Plenderleith
  6. Alan Oakes
  7. Clive Colbridge
  8. George Hannah
  9. Colin Barlow
  10. Denis Law
  11. David Wagstaffe

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.