Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say they made it up - the point was about the communication strategy attached to it and what that sought to achieve vs the ethical issues probably caused as a result. I’m sure it will be reflected on in the future when all this has moved on and the immediate pressures have receded.

Fair play, Yeah I dont doubt they used it to try to get people to take it seriously again, I do think the fact they are reporting new veriants in the news every week now is going to backfire big time in the long run.

there are probably a 100k variants by now so its fully expected that we will be seeing them often. the problem is identifying the iffy ones as we wont know till they spread.

The fact they are reporting all of them at the moment is a proper crying wolf scenario that if a bad one does arrise could result in it being ignored.

Interesting opinion, given that the Principal Investigator for the Oxford/AZ programme (prof Pollard) was an author on the study!

Study here

Yep, the bloke who fronted the press conference where all the doubts started about the Az results, waffling on about 0.5 then full dose when it was actually spacing. He was a car crash, no doubt a genius but shouldn't have been infront of the camera.

AZ admitted the original trials were run poorly and they'd have done them differently.

Also 2nd dosing on jabs for this SA trial is 21-35 days later, when the recommended is 12 weeks

Edit: Sounded abit harsh that, just meant that he's not averse to casting aspersions over his own Vaccine. Compare that to the J&J results against the SA variant when the headline was only about protecting severe disease

Last edited:
Gov UK reports another delay in the data. They are looking for a shilling to put in the meter.

Evidently England were late submitting their case numbers today is reason for delay.

Gov UK reports another delay in the data. They are looking for a shilling to put in the meter.

Evidently England were late submitting their case numbers today is reason for delay.

hancock is doing a presser at 5.

typically when there is a delay they are a little dismayed that the numbers are so good and so they want to give the maximum amount of time to find extra cases or deaths.

hancock now: have you tried going back to last March to see if any were missed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.