Holiday advice

Good luck on the 737 max.
Ryanair are Boeing’s biggest customer for them.
Flew February 2019 Icelandic Air, Gatwick to Kevalik on the 737 max, nice aircraft but pretty sure I wouldn’t have got on if I had known all the safety concerns that were going to come to light.

Any thoughts on what travel to somewhere like Ibiza will be like in July for a family of 4? Will we need tests before we go? Presume as it stands no quarantine when we return etc etc. Just weighing up the pros and cons of staying in the UK or risking going abroad. Price of 10 days in cornwall is more expensive for us that 2 weeks in ibiza.
My guess (and that's all it is) is that ravel to Spain will be OK from July, providing you have had the two vaccinations. I'm assuming those who haven't - i.e. this will apply to plenty who have kids - will have to pay for the test process.

I can't believe everybody wanting to travel to and from Spain will be subject to quarantine hotels - maybe self-isolation at home though.

Any thoughts on what travel to somewhere like Ibiza will be like in July for a family of 4? Will we need tests before we go? Presume as it stands no quarantine when we return etc etc. Just weighing up the pros and cons of staying in the UK or risking going abroad. Price of 10 days in cornwall is more expensive for us that 2 weeks in ibiza.

No-one knows at the moment on the testing/vaccine/isolation situation.
12th April is maybe when more might be revealed regarding summer travel.

As long as you book 'responsibly', IE a fully protected package through a reputable tour operator or travel agent then there really is little financial risk. In that case, there are only 2 eventualities; your holiday goes ahead, or they have to cancel it and you'd be entitled to a refund.

I can almost guarantee that holidays won't operate to destinations where a hotel quarantine is required on return to England, as no-one is gonna be paying to go away and then a further £1750 for an enforced hotel stay on return.

Things like home isolation on return or negative test requirements pre-departure are more of a grey area, and if you're adamant that you don't want the whole testing ballache before you go then you're better off holding on for now before more clarity becomes available. A destination requiring a negative test isn't sufficient enough to cause mass cancellations to that destination if the FCDO isn't advising against travel there.

If you want to book something with the most flexibility, take a look at Easyjet Holidays (they are also very aggressive on the pricing vs TUI/Jet2 etc)

Last minute bookings so we can better evaluate each countries protocol. Spain will be off the menu if there is continuation of outdoor mask wearing, however we wish them well in their recovery. In all probability Greece and Turkey will be looking favourite, but we shall have to wait to see how it pans out in May.

No rush whatsoever and their will be lots of holidays available. Failing an overseas jolly then the British Isles on a days notice that our weather will be fair to middling.

Last edited:
Not flying anywhere this year. I foresee a few problems when flights start to move. Aircraft do not like to be parked for too long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.