Census 2021

No one gives a shit about your personal data, it is randomly adjusted so you can't be identified and aggregated up before anyone uses it.

It is the better than trying to estimate everything, otherwise any information about the population would be like guesswork.
Is the right answer.

What you should be asking is why have they made it more dificult to fill out for some, wasted money and threqtwned people with£1000 fines

You get a letter telling you to complete online with a unique, but you can request a paper version if no internet access, so why not just send a paper version with an online link rather than waste paper and post on letters to people who then wantnq paper version anyway.

Tax payers money down the drain needlessly.

On your actual point though, it is estimated that illegal immigrants in the Uk number around 800000, with most of them asylum seekers who have their status recorded or people who have not returned to their country after their visa has expired, also on record, though evading HMCR, so most will be on record and won't skew a final figure
Every census has been compulsory and so has carried a fine for non compliance. This isnt new or a threat. To use modern parlance, it is just 'a thing'.

You have no choice unless you want to pay a grand fine
been here at this house for the last 32 years so in that period if i remember correct there has been 3 census and all the formes went in the bin with no follow ups on the doorstep with census enforcement, its just the way i am Karren, if i'm told to do something with the threat of court and a fine then i tend to dodge the issue and not comply, same with the TV licence, now if they took another angle with it and said its not compulsory but your playing a big part then i'd most likely complete it, just the way i am,were all different

Every census has been compulsory and so has carried a fine for non compliance. This isnt new or a threat. To use modern parlance, it is just 'a thing'.

Wasn't my main point though, just an additional comment as to what us on the letter but I would say every census had had the same threat then.

been here at this house for the last 32 years so in that period if i remember correct there has been 3 census and all the formes went in the bin with no follow ups on the doorstep with census enforcement, its just the way i am Karren, if i'm told to do something with the threat of court and a fine then i tend to dodge the issue and not comply, same with the TV licence, now if they took another angle with it and said its not compulsory but your playing a big part then i'd most likely complete it, just the way i am,were all different
You have been fortunate then mate, I understand completely your viewpoint,
in fact I am of a similar nature, but the census is a vital tool for the country, as it provides much needed detail on the population numbers etc;
Nobody can get their collars felt for harbouring 'Illegals' as a result of completing the form, no debt agencies are informed, nothing.
But an official can, and they do, warn you of the fine that you face, for non
compliance.

What sort of % usually complete the census? It's never going to be 100% so how do they work out figures for the missing forms?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.