Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out here.

I keep seeing references to scousers blaming Chelsea fans for being in some way responsible for Heysel, can you fill me in as to what form of delusion this is?
When Heysel happened, Liverpool FC tried to displace the blame from their fans. Their chairman, John Smith, claimed there were lots of southern accents heard in the strands and pointed the finger at Chelsea fans and they blamed the location of the final.

*From a quick google.

When Heysel happened, Liverpool FC tried to displace the blame from their fans. Their chairman, John Smith, claimed there were lots of southern accents heard in the strands and pointed the finger at Chelsea fans and they blamed the location of the final.

*From a quick google.

And that was it? Bloody hell! They're not quite right in the head.

Very funny.

Let me be more specific, what is the nature of the narrative that somehow connects Chelsea to Heysel?
Dippers refusing to take responsibility for their actions. Chelsea obviously the first name to come to mind, if not it would probably have been Derby, Millwall or Leeds. Never mind that it would have been hard enough for their own fans to get into a European final.

Help me out here.

I keep seeing references to scousers blaming Chelsea fans for being in some way responsible for Heysel, can you fill me in as to what form of delusion this is?
There’s a long post on RAWK from someone who attended that tries to associate Chelsea fans and Belgian skinheads with the tragedy.

John Smith specifically tried to blame Chelsea fans.

Also, this reprehensible version of events by Peter Robinson tries to muddy the waters with some supporters with southern accents chanting ‘Shankly’ being in some way responsible.

Nowhere in that article does it even hint that Liverpool fans might in some way be culpable. An absolutely disgusting piece of work.

They need constantly calling out on it because otherwise they will be allowed to rewrite history.

Last edited:
There’s a long post on RAWK from someone who attended that tries to pin some of the blame on Chelsea fans and Belgian skinheads ffs.

John Smith specifically tried to blame Chelsea fans.

Also, this reprehensible version of events by Peter Robinson tries to muddy the waters with some supporters with southern accents chanting ‘Shankly’ apparently to blame.

Nowhere in that article does it even hint that Liverpool fans might in some way be to blame. An absolutely disgusting piece of work.

They need constantly calling out on it because otherwise they will be allowed to rewrite history.

I've just read it, I struggle to find words to adequately describe its spinelessness.

They're an easy club to despise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.