Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be welcomed.

This won’t be eradicated, so if we’ve vaccinated 99% of the people likely to get seriously ill or die, what valid justification is there for continuing to hide from it.

My kids go back to school next week, and I’ll be seriously pissed off if they get sent home again because of positive tests at school. It will be very bad for their mental state, which is already worryingly bad.

We have other threads complaining about tax increases and lack of pay rises. We have to get on with life and quickly.
just my take here,your correct and at some point were going to have to crack on but before i think we have to make sure that those at high risk have had both injections and certainly all above 30 have had at least one or pref everybody has had one,coming out just that little bit to soon will cost lives,its worth just hanging on a little longer if we can

I expect the Beeb and Hancock just quote the number some data manager gives them. No sinister motive.
It is I expect simply because Gov UK - the official site for data - is regularly behind. It updates at 4 pm on days it is working (it has been very late twice this week due to different issues) but the England hospital data is often not added until late at night and at weekends might not be at all.

For the other nations it is always at least a day behind and up to 3 days behind at weekend.

As of this morning it is up to date for England but has Thursday data for the other three nations and will likely stay like that until Monday evening now.

The data is easy to access as the other three nations all announce it before 4 pm every day and I post it in here- but Gov UK still always 'updates' at 4 pm to the day before for the three nations not to that day.

Its a small thing. Am I being pedantic? Very possibly. And I do not think there is an agenda behind it. I just think it is laziness.

However, that is why I am concerned. Because it begs the question what else are we happy to have less than up to date information on at a top level in the midst of a pandemic? Especially if on that day you are making a point about being over 12,000 in hospital which must have been pre planned as it was repeated several times. It had not been over 12, 000 then for more than 24 hours in the published data. And it just infers sloppiness that nobody bothered to take a minute to look up the true numbers before making a big deal of this nationally.

As I say I am probably just being overly fussy as I freely admit to being a tad obsessed with the daily numbers after posting them for months now.

just my take here,your correct and at some point were going to have to crack on but before i think we have to make sure that those at high risk have had both injections and certainly all above 30 have had at least one or pref everybody has had one,coming out just that little bit to soon will cost lives,its worth just hanging on a little longer if we can
Why 30...why not 29, 28, 25 etc? Any time we come out will inevitably cost lives, as infections will cost lives, but so few as to not warrant the restrictions for the rest. At this point in the vaccination program, it’s probably as dangerous as flu. People die from flu and we don’t shut things down. It’s time.

Latest Weekly Pop Score table for the England regions:

Same basis as the one I post nightly for Greater Manchester - cases per 100,000 population across past 7 days - with the caveat the data I post is from that day. The Gov UK data here is 6 days old as it uses the final allocated to day of test information that takes up to a week to compile.

Also remember LOWEST pop score is the best - so East Midlands is bottom of this table not top.

Region // Weekly Pop Yesterday // Weekly Pop 7 days before // UP/down

East Midlands 130 // 171 // Down 41 (- 28%)

Yorkshire 115 // 154 // Down 39 (- 25%)

North West 106 // 153 // Down 47 (- 31%)

West Midlands 106 // 157 // Down 51 (- 33%)

North East 102 // 142 // Down 40 (- 28%)

East 67 // 95 // Down 28 (- 30%)

London 55 // 82 // Down 27 (- 33%)

South East 53 // 80 // Down 27 (- 34%)

South West 44 // 69 // Down 25 (- 36%)

As you can see big drops everywhere much in line with Greater Manchester. Any region under 100 is doing well Everyone now 130 downwards is excellent and clear proof of a falling pandemic everywhere.

Only a few weeks ago there was a big disparity with some regions not falling much and the southern regions dropping like a stone. This has evened out as the southern regions do not have much further to fall.

Greater Manchester has done particularly well as ten days ago every GM borough was above even the 130 of the 'worst' region (East Midlands) and only Trafford used to be below the North West average.

As of last night only Rochdale at 133 is above all the regions and only Bolton at 110 and Tameside at 108 and Wigan at 107 - JUST above the NW average.

The other six GM boroughs are all below the NW Pop Score and four of them are sub 100 - so below the regional score of all but the four southern regions. And Trafford at 67 is identical to East in the table above.

Wales data:

7 deaths - was 16 last week

195 cases - was 198 last week

1.6% positivity - was 1.7% last week

Weekly Pop score 48 - down from 51 yesterday - was 72 last week

Wales vaccination update:

983, 419 first doses given - 16, 377 today - was 15, 502 yesterday & 14, 002 last Saturday

168, 163 second doses given - 13, 344 today - was 15, 374 yesterday & 8991 last Saturday

What is it about people who used to be famous being anti-maskers? A letter to the health secretary urging them not to recommend masks for children in schools has been signed by such A-listers as Lee Hurst, Anthea Turner, Tim Henman, Matthew Le Tissier, Richard Madeley, Sue Cook and Carol McGiffin. It's like a who's who of 90s lack of talent. And presumably the majority too old to actually have any school-age children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.