Nearly 5 years on - how do you feel about the new badge?

Don't be a pendant on derby day....the great unwashed used to refer to them as representing title wins.

Only people I ever herad do that was rags at work whe taking the piss, never heard a blue do it.

Maybe different amongst your city mates but the berts I know hated that badge and stars.

Only people I ever herad do that was rags at work whe taking the piss, never heard a blue do it.

Maybe different amongst your city mates but the berts I know hated that badge and stars.
I should have put 'earned' I'm a bad lad either that or I've finally blown my cover ;)

I should have put 'earned' I'm a bad lad either that or I've finally blown my cover ;)

Nah, city fans are a varied breed spanning the GM area and beyond, we will all have differing opinions ans atitudes to that badge, and the new one.

Some like the stars and some didn't

Remember the new badge coming out and all the cheshire blues moaning about the Lancashire rose, and probably still do.

You can look on it as part of the traditional old badge or a nod to City being a Lancastrian team, each opinion is valid but we all din't have to agree on it.

Last edited:
Loved the latin logo translated as "Pride in Battle" pity it's been wiped out of our current existence.

Yet it typified the spirit of our players such as Zaba, Tevez, Kompany, Dinho and would now be suited to the rallying call of Ruben Dias etc.

I like it. It’s close enough to the original for me. I thought the eagle was ridiculous, In all my years living in Manchester I’ve never seen one of those perched anywhere looking for prey...

That eagle was used briefly by Manchester City council and was because of out creation by the romans, that is why we used it, the rags used it once too.

Loved the latin logo translated as "Pride in Battle" pity it's been wiped out of our current existence.

Yet it typified the spirit of our players such as Zaba, Tevez, Kompany, Dinho and would now be suited to the rallying call of Ruben Dias etc.

Meh.

As tacky as spurs 'Dare to do' or scpusers 'This means more'

Now if it had been

'ad lucrandum vel perdendum booze'

It wpupd uave been more fitting

Love the current badge...way better than the previous eagle effort.

And while we are on the subject of badges...call me a traditionalist (or old) but I really don't like the current trend for those two-tone badges that a lot of teams have adopted recently. Why, ffs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.