Match Thread | Man City vs Man Utd (07/03/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First 10 mins we self-destructed. No idea what we were trying to do. Just seemed to lose our heads completely after that poor challenge by Jesus.

After that we started to play and pretty much dominated but only really created a few half chances. Sterling again is struggling against the rags and KDB has been a bit of a mixed bag. Cancelo hasn't really been at it either.

I would expect to see Bernardo, Walker and Foden on at some stage and if we can just sharpen up our play a bit, we can still win this.

Look at the positives, we have players on the bench that could turn this around, and we will (sticks neck out)

Giving away that penalty has fucked this whole game up for us. If it Wasn’t for that moment of madness we would be 0 0 and controlling the game. We have contained them reasonably well and played well last 20 mins of that half. Next goal wins the game
In a way it's a great situation to test the resilience of this team. This is clearly unchartered territory.

Do people realise there are 45 minutes left?
It is rare that we win games from losing positions at half time so I can see why the concern is there. I personally don’t think we are playing that badly but we are up against it now. They can defend in these big games as their 0-0 results show. We need to be a bit more creative. Personally I would hook Jesus and get Foden on.

Pep has a mental block with these, always seems to overthink it
Like the champs league. I wish he’d just trust his instincts. That said, one stupid penalty is the only reason we’re in a flap on here. Still expect is to at least draw

Im glad we have gone behind before the CL knockout games, that stat had "knocked out in the quarter finals after first time conceding" all over it.

Outside of a knockout this is the most important game left in the season so its a good game to see how they cope under real pressure.

We just need to go back up through the gears like we did vs. Wolves and we will get a similar result.

With Foden, Bernardo and Aguero on the neck we do have real game changers so if we can just keep the ball, keep them working hard to defend and they'll cave eventually.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see anything other than us strolling around for another 45 mins and getting caught on the break.
We've got previous for it and don't seem to be able to change gears.

KDB and Gundagon have really dropped off since returning from injury.
Tbf gundog us not hiding, he's trying to force it. KDB is killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.