#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahaha
As expected
I knew someone would bring this.

He didn't set up anything for Rodri. It was just a simple touch which is the most he could have done at that point. It was nothing great or worthy of being mentioned. People defending him have become borderline insane. Simple touches are now being termed as great play great lay off
Didn't say there was anything spectacular about it but it setup the closest we came to scoring.

I guess you preferred Sterling running into a dead end, De Bruyne incapable of a 6yrd pass and so on?

Hahahahaha
As expected
I knew someone would bring this.

He didn't set up anything for Rodri. It was just a simple touch which is the most he could have done at that point. It was nothing great or worthy of being mentioned. People defending him have become borderline insane. Simple touches are now being termed as great play great lay off
And the ball he played Rodri wasn’t crisp it was bouncing making the chance harder than it should be

Another thing that baffles me about his defenders is their praising of his overall game. Might produce skill but fucks up the pass. People say hed do a job as a winger but when’s he ever crossed it and found the man when he’s on the touch line. He brings nothing. The only reason he has space is because opposition defenders don’t bother marking him because he’s that bad.

Not much use a sa striker if he refuses to shoot. Any instinct he had has completely gone.
still doesnt know the offside rule.

Also, whilst it wasn’t relevant today, I think the fact he doesn’t want to take (and score) penalties sums it up!

Any striker should be having that as their bread and butter, and wanting an extra goal on their tally
I think he does want to take penalties hes just absolutely fucking shit at them and has been told to fuck off.

Knobhead , sums up his tackle after 30 seconds , best defence in europe doesnt need his help in our penalty box , he is a bright lad and will learn , but his mistake set the Rags up for the rest of the game , Pep's face was a picture when Taylor pointed to the spot , if looks could kill Jesus would have to wait until Easter for his resurrection

Maybe time to move him to his natural position on the left wing, where he plays for brasil and when in the brasilian league, cannot be any worse than raheem at present.

He isn't an out and out striker, time to play to his strengths

I’ve been saying it for months and gave up on this forum due to narrow minded pricks who defend him .thankfully now it’s coming to light that this guy doesn’t belong upfront at city.
no matter how much you defend his game with.
1. Needs more time
2. Hes not a striker
3. His work rate is incredible
4. He just needs a goal for his confidence
5. He’s not Sergio
6. He’s had COVID
7 blah blah blah
This lad just isn’t good enough to play at city and that’s that.

Do we notice? We do just as well without a cf at times. Bernardo is technically brilliant and has won games I don’t think Jesus is a match winner and I don’t think he influences games hugely. Lindelof and Maguire were smoking hamlets
Last time he didn't start and aguero did against West ham we noticed it.

I agree with you saying jesus isn't a match winner but Pep doesn't play him to be a regular match winner. He basically plays like a false 9 himself most of the time, he drifts out wide more often than not so that the wingers can cut in, or drops deep so a midfielder can go beyond him, he's not being asked to stay in the box and wait for the ball that will never come yet most of us judge him as that kind of player.

We see him constantly being criticised for not scoring, what was the chance he should have scored today? He had one shot that I can recall that was neither a shot or cross, you can argue he should have done better nd I wouldn't disagree but it would have taken something quite brilliant to score or assist from the position he and his teammates were in. that aside he got zero service and you can't blame it on him not working hard enough to get opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.