Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not far over in this country now thankfully.

I hope so.

The real test will come when we start opening things again with the new more contagious variant around making cases easier to get out of control again compared to the 'original' variant last year.

We've been in one of the strictest lockdowns in the world for over two months now and the numbers are only just coming down to what you consider low going by the last 12 months.

The super fast vaccine rollout plus summer coming and the slow (not rushed) relaxation in restrictions is giving me a lot of confidence we'll be good by the summer though.

I can tell you now, I dread to think of how I’d be doing right now if I didn’t have the love of my life living with me. These last 12 months have absolutely given me the beating of my life. Working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week at hospital and coming home to spend my time doing nothing and seeing nothing beyond my walls at home. I feel so bad that I’ve had to have my girlfriend console me and reassure me about all this more than I have for her. Can’t bare to imagine those alone suffering through this. I just want this over, this is an awful way to live. Hoping for better days soon.

But that's not what happened. The Kent variant is simply 50% more infectious so what used to work keeping it at bay no longer does. It is now the dominant strain across most of Cental Europe except in Eastern France where the Brazilian and South African variants now dominate.
Maybe so mate but the Kent variant has done a lot of damage in the U.K. and other parts of the World. I made my earlier post after a Bluemooner wrote that only 35% of Kent school kids had permission to take lateral
Flow tests, thus suggesting Kent is a capital of Covidiots.

Maybe so mate but the Kent variant has done a lot of damage in the U.K. and other parts of the World. I made my earlier post after a Bluemooner wrote that only 35% of Kent school kids had permission to take lateral
Flow tests, thus suggesting Kent is a capital of Covidiots.
That's @give it to gordon neck of the woods and he's been reporting for ages about poor lockdown in his area

That's @give it to gordon neck of the woods and he's been reporting for ages about poor lockdown in his area
Thanks mrbelfry. In the first wave, we highlighted the idiots in Manchester with bouncy castle parties and the Dippers with their “title celebrations”. Now we seem to have have plenty of Covidiots in Kent and Glasgow. Lockdown fatigue has resurfaced in a big way and they was always likely to happen.

This thread has (recently) focussed on Covidiots in other parts of Europe (rightly so in the case of some political leaders) but our own Covidiots seem to get ignored, these days, who have done much more damage to our own population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.