United (H) Post Match Thread

Just hurting mate,

i think he over does it a bit on the verbal fellating of the Rags every time.

Bobby Manc would be hurting like us now.

To Pep Derbies dont exsist outside of El Classico.

I still can not get used to this.
Every game matters to Pep. The way the away side has dominated this fixture over the last 5-6 years is incredible though.

Statistically, we would have been likely to lose more than 1 game in 22, but we haven't, and sadly the one we did lose was a home derby. It stings, but it's history. Chalk it off and move on.

Sadly, some on here appear to think Pep has turned into Stuart Pearce overnight. No disrespect to the players we had at the time, but believe me, this team is NOTHING like a Stuart Pearce team. It's just a blip in form after playing at 100% every 3 or 4 days.

Just hurting mate,

I am not that bothered what happens now, our manager has let the fans down.

That first 2 minutes shows how sometimes in important games we lose our heads. 5 defenders around that diver yet Jesus is charging around like an headless chicken. Why is he anywhere near the penalty area. Also Sterling is constantly missing sitters, if he can't put the ball in the net from 5 yards then keep him out of them positions and further wide. Better he create them chances for someone who can put them in the net from 5 yards.

At the end of the day, our winning run was always going to come to an end. It’s no surprise it happened against the second best side in the country.

I suppose the biggest annoyance is the fact that this result has happened far too often over the past few years. It’s no secret how United play. They have the counter attack and that is it.

I feel like we have two tools at our disposal to stop the counter attack. The first is to have pace at the back. The second is to not give the ball away cheaply.

For me, with Pep dropping/resting Walker it was crucial that our ball retention was spot on. This was the second failing as Pep chose KDB, the player who gives the ball away the most, over Bernardo, our best player at keeping the ball.

The combination of the two lost us the game.
If we could take our chances then perhaps your points above could have been negated, not being clinical and ruthless in front of goal along with the team selection as you mention has really cost us. Too many players had a bad game today, we lacked energy and pace in transitions which is what Phil and Bernie give us. The formation we had reminded me so much of the early part of this season.

I agree with you, but it is Pep who is a manager and clearly for him, the rags united or Oxford United is just another game of football he is trying to win. For us this stays for a long time. it was clear to see the are managed by their former player who really mentally prepared them to have a go at us for 90 minutes. It really meant for them, particularly since the tile is gone. They were really there in our faces. For Pep it was just another game and a tactical problem to solve which he fucked up. For all I know he could played Walker as RB, Cancelo as RW ad Riayd in KdB position. They were quite a few permutations, but the problem is KdB seems to need playing 90 minutes no matter what. I don't want this post to end as shitting on KdB, but we already won a title without him playing for a significant period of time and this season ditto - tuch wood! And we started stagnating when all to our game were his killer passes. This CIty side is like 3.0 version, and KdB is still a driver for version 1.0. I've just realised, I am so worked up abut this loss. :(
I think KDB was the wrong choice today. He's not been great of late and today was a stinker. He wasn't alone though.

Just hurting mate,

I have and am at peace with his stance on derbies and have accepted that it is just the way he is. Fortunately I don’t think this one will matter in the grand scheme of things.. I do think if it was closer points wise he would care more but not because of who it was..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.