United (H) Post Match Thread

In not sure he got the selection wrong. Any City 11 can bear United. Literally any! Yes, the most guaranteed to likely win wasn't the 11 he put out. But we are more talented and should have gotten past them with who we had.

Bad result. Unlucky and unfortunate to be unlucky against them.

Going forward though, the most in forn 11 should be chosen without fear.

Eddy
Cancelo/ Walker
Zinchencko/Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Rodri
Gundogan
Bernado
Foden
Jesus
Plus one of:
Kevin/Mahrez/Sterling.

That's our current most in form 11
Pretty much agree, although I dont think Jesus has done enough to be an automatic selection. So I'll say 2 out of KDB/Jesus/Sterling/Mahrez

At the end of the day, losing our winning run as always going to be disappointing. Losing it that lot just makes it much much worse.

Our team selection was poor and we played directly into their hands. We were a little unlucky that Martial who has been brutal for a while but somehow turned into peak Henry today.

A lot of players with credit in the bank like Cancelo, KDB, Mahrez, Sterling and Jesus were off it today. Really struggled to maintain any intensity today, we were ok for 30 minutes first half and pretty poor bar a few minutes late on.

Sadly we seem to be underperforming badly in derbies recently. Since Solskjaer arrived we’ve lost to pretty average united sides 4 times. It’s a real shame we haven’t done better against them but considering how good we’ve been generally I’d gladly take trophies over derby wins.

I did comment about the M/F 3 with Rodri, Gundog and KDB being slow on the pre match thread (page 13 top). Sadly it proved to be correct today. That game out of all of them this season should have been the easiest Pep selection to predict. His (Peps') complacency cost us today and his failure to arrest the sloppiness with subs just licks me out even more. :(
Neither KDB nor Gundogan are slow. Their supposed lack of speed had nothing to do with the defeat. KDB's looseness in giving the ball away (along with Cancelo)- yes.

Yeah that's fair, particularly with Stones' injury record.

But we have to set at some point. Let the Stones-Dias partership get their rhythm and sense of dominance back before the CL quarters/semis.
It's a tricky one. He does seem to be playing Stones-Dias in the key games - all the big PL games recently and the CL.

I dont think either CB was the problem today. Unfortunately, Cancelo had a very bad game, but he's been brilliant of late so even though I would have picked Walker (given Scum's counter-attack pace), I can't really criticize that selection

Results will always drive perceptions and we did leave ourselves vulnerable to the counter attack by playing the midfield three we did. Even with that though, their goals came from a stupid mistake from Jesus and poor positioning from Cancelo. As much as certain players were sloppy at times, we broke their lines more than a few times and it was a combination of poor finishing and poor decision making in their box that meant we didn’t score a hatful.

Pep is absolutely right to say we’ve played worse and won. The frustration wasn’t not creating chances or opportunities, it was not taking them and that’s less worrying for me. We still win that game more often than not, a clinical striker is a must though for us to take that next step.

Remember what that next step is though and put it into context. We’ve just won 21 games in a row and have won an absolute shedload of trophies in the last three years. We’re putting ridiculously high expectations that no one in history has ever lived up to before, that’s how good we are right now.

Worst thing from today was that it was entirely predictable as daft as that sounds.
For all his qualities pep is too soft and weak at understanding what derbies mean.
This was chance to bury them for good and like 3 years ago he failed.
Gutted isn't the word.

Strange one that. Not heard much from the Utd side of the family. Possibly because it's got to be slightly embarrassing for them to know they lost against Palace purely because their manager is a Utd fan first and an actual manager second; he's probably willing to dine out on this for the rest of the season. Secondly because of how far ahead of them we are.

He seems to have Peps number. I think it's because he has that shameful record of 0-0 against the big teams and Pep isn't willing to settle for that. But he's got this record because if you don't play them at their own game you risk getting done as we did today. But tbf without that early goal it might not work.

Sterling and Jesus: stats look ok but so would any other player in their position in this team. Difference is to be considered world class you have to put those sitters in.

Worst thing from today was that it was entirely predictable as daft as that sounds.
For all his qualities pep is too soft and weak at understanding what derbies mean.
This was chance to bury them for good and like 3 years ago he failed.
Gutted isn't the word.
Fucking hell mate they're 11pts behind, go to fucking bed.

I say that in a nice way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.