Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we're pissed off after our result, United's 3 points makes it that little bit harder for Liverpool to get top 4 now. Which is one of the few positives from yesterday I guess.

That means that pretty well their only hope of CL qualification is by winning it this season, which I just can't see happening. If they don't qualify then that's £80-100m they won't be getting, on top of all the lost revenue this season. Their owner isn't putting any money in as I've heard they're strapped for cash, with Henry looking to sell some properties of his and FSG looking to sell a 10% stake.

They could potentially end up like Arsenal, with a good season being an FA Cup win & qualifying for the Thursday night cup. You can bet your life there'll be a renewed and increasingly desperate push from them for a European Super League.

As much as we're pissed off after our result, United's 3 points makes it that little bit harder for Liverpool to get top 4 now. Which is one of the few positives from yesterday I guess.

That means that pretty well their only hope of CL qualification is by winning it this season, which I just can't see happening. If they don't qualify then that's £80-100m they won't be getting, on top of all the lost revenue this season. Their owner isn't putting any money in as I've heard they're strapped for cash, with Henry looking to sell some properties of his and FSG looking to sell a 10% stake.

They could potentially end up like Arsenal, with a good season being an FA Cup win & qualifying for the Thursday night cup. You can bet your life there'll be a renewed and increasingly desperate push from them for a European Super League.
Yes Liverpool's demise is a consolation. Watching their game yesterday it is very clear they need a total squad re-build because the young players they brought in look well below PL standard. The team that worries me most for the future is now Chelsea.

But how can this have happened, when they have the world's best keeper, two world-class full-backs, the world's best central defender (admittedly, out through injury), the English Player of the year, and three fearsome front men without equal in Europe?

Could it be that they were over-hyped, and their strength in depth is nowhere near City's?

I would be happy with FA cup and Thursday nights for Everton in the next few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.