#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a good player & works hard but he is not ready to replace Aguero or be a top striker, he would struggle to get in most of the top 4 starting 11. He’s third choice striker for me, sadly we have no other strikers. Just like we had gaps in defence & midfield the last couple of seasons. The club never seem to plan ahead. We will buy a striker this summer if not 2 but then we will be short in midfield the following season.

Aguero will be gone & a couple of players legs will start to slow next season. We need 2 strikers & a midfielder at least this summer. Keep Jesus has a cup player & to have at hand & take some pressure off him.

For me, it wasn’t the penalty he gave away that frustrates me, he’s usually so good with helping defend that I can excuse him this error, it was rather that he just made too many poor decisions time and time again in promising positions. Too many attacks ended in smoke because he did not make the right decision or poor execution.

I think his main problem is,because he's in and out of the 11,he wants to try and prove himself worthy of more starts,he then overcomplicates his part by trying too hard and not allowing his natural game to flow.

That aside....he clearly isnt a striker,or the one we require.....he is,as many have already stated,a wide forward/winger.If Pep doesnt see him as being used in that position then he may as well bring in some very decent money and allow the kid to shine elsewhere.

For me, it wasn’t the penalty he gave away that frustrates me, he’s usually so good with helping defend that I can excuse him this error, it was rather that he just made too many poor decisions time and time again in promising positions. Too many attacks ended in smoke because he did not make the right decision or poor execution.

Poor decision making and execution is a problem for a few of our attackers.

I was about to quote on that but you beat me to it mate. Talk about a broad sweeping statement lol.

Fans on an internet talking about the inefficiencies of a player(Jesus in this case) does not mean they despise him or any City player, far from it and defo too strong a word to be banded about on any current City player. I for one am critical of Jesus as I have been about several players in the last 12 months or so. Jesus, Stones, Rodri, Mahrez and Sterling have all received criticism (rightly or wrongly) but most blues are fuckin' delighted for a player to come good and be proved wrong, I know I am. Jesus frustrates the fuck out of me. Moments of sublime skill are great to see but seeing him on his arse remonstrating with a referee to claim a soft penalty time and time again winds me up no end.

It's all we and good pulling defenders out of position but it ain't his job to do that, he should be central ready to pounce and take half a chance that could swing the game to a crucial win. I think Jesus is mentally weak and soon as he gave away that soft pen I knew it would affect and greatly nullify his performance yesterday. Peak Aguero would have had a bee in his bonnet and he'd have been wound up to change the situation. How? By channeling his frustrated aggression by bladdering the ball into the fuckin' onion bag, that's how!

It's not as though fans letting of steam of frustration is in the stadium where players can feel being "despised". Lol. But when you pay your money to go through the turnstile and have done for donkeys years I don't think there is anything wrong with venting frustrations on a football forum.

Jesus frustrates me and will continue to do so. Back slapling team tap ins are great but he need to practice net slapping thunderbastards to be convincing as a top striker, something he has in his locker I think somewhere.

Makes me wonder whether he isn't suited to the rough and tumble of this league. Thinking about it I think he'd be a revelation in La Liga or Serie A, and it won't surprise me if he ends up being TBH.
Tal Ben Haim? I hope not - something’s gone seriously wrong if his game falls that far ;)

I think he’s been played as a striker in our side so much (because we’ve had Sane/Mahrez/Sterling etc out on the wings) and people have just fallen into assuming he must be a striker. I’m not sure he is, or ever will be. Not in our side anyway.

You have to admire the guy’s effort, willingness to run and do the stuff that isn’t recognised, but I agree - I think there’s a team on the continent who could play to his strengths and he could shine. We’d all look silly in the long run, for doubting him, but if we can succeed with an out and out striker, and he can flourish elsewhere, it might be best for all concerned.

I think he has a place, and a role, in our team. Selfishly I hope he stays but I’m not sure a place on the bench is big enough, or fair on him - he deserves to play football.

Tal Ben Haim? I hope not - something’s gone seriously wrong if his game falls that far ;)

I think he’s been played as a striker in our side so much (because we’ve had Sane/Mahrez/Sterling etc out on the wings) and people have just fallen into assuming he must be a striker. I’m not sure he is, or ever will be. Not in our side anyway.

You have to admire the guy’s effort, willingness to run and do the stuff that isn’t recognised, but I agree - I think there’s a team on the continent who could play to his strengths and he could shine. We’d all look silly in the long run, for doubting him, but if we can succeed with an out and out striker, and he can flourish elsewhere, it might be best for all concerned.

I think he has a place, and a role, in our team. Selfishly I hope he stays but I’m not sure a place on the bench is big enough, or fair on him - he deserves to play football.
Tal Ben Haim? .... : /

Tal you what, don't fuckin' frighten me pal or I'll have a fuckin' 'mare tonight...: /... ; )

Shouldn't have been anywhere near the box that early in the game. Dias and Stones (and Rodri... and Cancelo...) had it covered absolutely fine. The main reason I want Haaland isn't just that he looks incredible, it's that I want a striker who's actually a striker- one who gets on the end of crosses, runs onto through balls and finishes well. Jesus does none of that. He'd be much better off going somewhere where he can play in a front two and it doesn't matter that he's not a natural scorer.

If we'd won the ball off Martial there and countered, we were never gonna score, because our striker was wandering around the edge of our box like an overexcited kid.

Lewandowski is a more traditional #9 but Pep loved him so I don't think it's true at all that we "need" a striker who does everything except score.

He’s doing that thing that Sterling can sometimes be guilty of now in that when he’s in on goal he’s doing everything possible to avoid having to take a shot on.

For a striker of his age to have that mentality is pretty disappointing especially considering where most of us expected him to be by now when he first arrived.

We can’t really blame pressure from the crowd either or him being 2nd behind Aguero in the pecking order since he’s now ahead of Sergio and there’s no crowd getting on his back.

Except it did. Completely different game when you concede an early goal. Ruined our game plan and we had to adjust.

United created very little. Had it not been for Jesus’ fuck up, it would’ve been 0-0 at worst. Their second goal came from a counter because we overcommitted. Why? Because Jesus fucked up and we went a goal down to the penalty merchants so we had to chase the game.

He cost us the game.

Fucking lol at the second goal being pinned on Jesus in any way.

It was 1-0 with 92 minutes to play, we weren't, and didn't have, to chase anything. That goal is 100% on Cancelo being moronic and pressing Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.