Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said "It's not vaccinations either" which is a fairly definitive statement.
Yes I did, because I believe it's because of people following the rules that cases have dropped, and my comment was purely about "cases" which declined from 70k+ to nearly 5k.

I then gave an example of someone who should have immunity if the vaccine prevents cases, who has subsequently died, well after being vaccinated in full. Vaccinations are preventing hospitalisations and deaths, but so is a much lower number of cases because the majority of people are having considerably less contacts.

The 2 things are separate.

Yes I did, because I believe it's because of people following the rules that cases have dropped, and my comment was purely about "cases" which decline from 70k+ to nearly 5k.

I then gave an example of someone who should have immunity if the vaccine prevents cases, who has subsequently died, well after being vaccinated in full. Vaccinations are preventing hospitalisations and deaths, but so is a much lower number of cases because the majority of people are having considerably less contacts.

The 2 things are separate.
We’ve also got a ban on super spreader events that have contributed to a reduction in case numbers.

On that last (day old remember) data that creates the official weekly pop score tables (my GM ones posted here each evening use the up to date numbers) the area around the Midlands stands out.

Corby (165) is second, North West Leicestershire (154) fourth.

Preston remains the highest in the NW at seventh (149).

Rochdale at 13th (137) is the highest in GM - though 137 was days ago - as of last night Rochdale was at just 114 - which would place Rochdale where Wigan (at 30th) and Bury (at 33rd) are on this list - both of whom have fallen in those 6 days too.

All GM boroughs have fallen significantly on this table over the past week. Stockport down to 60. Trafford at 120 is far and away the best on an almost identical score to Cheshire East (Pop 72), Andyhinch btw.

Though in the days since the data in that table Trafford has fallen to just 62.

When we have vaccinated the adult population later in the year, if it transpires that doesn’t work, death will need to be accepted and a return to normality.
So nice of you to accept the deaths of the old and vulnerable. Im clinically extremely vulnerable and if the vaccine fails to keep me alive at least i'll know you'll be in the pub.

England hospital deaths - 101 with just 5 from the NW.

This is Sunday data and always the lowest and the most under reported by the NW.

And week to week falls the least as it is so small.

Last week it was 127 and 12 from the NW.

BTW - Only 67 of those 101 deaths happened AFTER 10 February.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.