Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This argument about shielding.

It will be a question of balance. And also a personal choice.

Covid will become another manageable risk that we all take in daily life usually without thinking about them.

How often do we walk under a building site and never look up? But if a tragedy occurs next time you will. The 10 th time you probably won't. It becomes a manageable risk. Though you might subconsciously go a different way to avoid it whilst work goes on.

Covid will become something we are aware of and manage with care. Not avoid altogether.

It is dangerous to cross a road. Probably more dangerous than Covid will be by Summer.

We do so cautiously by following rules built into us all as children. Look left, look right etc.

If there is a safe crossing space with a push button light we use it.

And we are not stupid enough to think risk on all roads is the same - so unless total idiots do not take a short cut across the M 6 because it saves 10 minutes and will 'probably' be quiet as it is late.

That is how we will live with Covid. Not by forgetting it exists. But remembering that it does and putting its potential impact in context with our personal quality of life.

It will not happen instantly. Some will be more wary than others. But it will happen.

Cases v tests over the weekend where the testing data takes time off.

Today 793, 052 tests find 4712 cases = 0.59 % Positivity

Sunday 439, 157 tests find 5177 cases = 1.2 % Positivity

Saturday 938, 318 tests find 6040 cases = 0.64% Positivity

This argument about shielding.

It will be a question of balance. And also a personal choice.

Covid will become another manageable risk that we all take in daily life usually without thinking about them.

How often do we walk under a building site and never look up? But if a tragedy occurs next time you will. The 10 th time you probably won't. It becomes a manageable risk. Though you might subconsciously go a different way to avoid it whilst work goes on.

Covid will become something we are aware of and manage with care. Not avoid altogether.

It is dangerous to cross a road. Probably more dangerous than Covid will be by Summer.

We do so cautiously by following rules built into us all as children. Look left, look right etc.

If there is a safe crossing space with a push button light we use it.

And we are not stupid enough to think risk on all roads is the same - so unless total idiots do not take a short cut across the M 6 because it saves 10 minutes and will 'probably' be quiet as it is late.

That is how we will live with Covid. Not by forgetting it exists. But remembering that it does and putting its potential impact in context with our personal quality of life.

It will not happen instantly. Some will be more wary than others. But it will happen.
I am clinically vulnerable and at severe risk. I have basically been locked away at home on my own, for 6 months of the last year. This is not living. I have had the 1st dose of vaccine now and I am ready to get on with life. If I catch it then so be it, I am prepared to take the risk now as the idea of of being shut away from society for all eternity is not a nice one.
My current situation is not living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.