#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his main problem is,because he's in and out of the 11,he wants to try and prove himself worthy of more starts,he then overcomplicates his part by trying too hard and not allowing his natural game to flow.

That aside....he clearly isnt a striker,or the one we require.....he is,as many have already stated,a wide forward/winger.If Pep doesnt see him as being used in that position then he may as well bring in some very decent money and allow the kid to shine elsewhere.

The only thing that makes Jesus look like a striker is his shirt number.

He has zero characteristics of a top striker. He doesn’t read the offside line, he’s hesitant when a chance presents itself, he’d rather pass than score and he seems to be allergic to the opposition penalty area.

Twice yesterday he was played through on the shoulder of Maguire and twice he took the ball away from goal and slowed down the play. That’s despite Maguire being on a yellow card. No semi-decent striker has that thought process. He’s got to drive at goal in those situations.

I like the lad and think he could be useful playing wide left but he simply isn’t a striker.

This wide forward talk makes me laugh too.

He can't dribble past anyone, can't do anything one touch, can't strike the ball properly and has no predatory instincts. You still have to bloody score whether you're a 9 or a wide forward, that excuse doesn't wash.

To be a wide forward for a top, top side you have to be hungry and dangerous while scoring regularly. Think Mane or Salah when dippers were flying. That's the level required, Gabby won't ever be there.

He plays wide for Brazil and does very well.

Id play KDB as striker and Jesus wide left, but it wont happen.

Play KDB striker? A player who's scored 1 open play goal and missed 8 big chances in the PL alone? And Jesus won't suddenly become more prolific or a better finisher playing out wide. He isn't better than our current wide options so I don't think that's really a solution.

If you remember when he played the striker role for Brazil in Russia he was shocking. He might play well wide but we didn’t buy him for that we bought him so he could one day take over from kun which will never happen . He would be gone if we could get a decent fee for him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.