Covid and travel discussion

well considering Europe is hitting a massive third wave and other countries after spiking - it’s hardly a conspiracy to think it’s probably just best to holiday in the UK this year

And if it’s all an agenda for money - then how about the billions the UK airline and travel industry are missing out on, not to mention the thousands of staff on furlough
But we’ll all be jabbed and safe from infection wont we?
Its healthy to question what the fuck is going on. Im no tin foil hat nutter but if we dont question stuff then we are fucked.

do u think the gov dont do shit to suit THERE needs, not ours ? Sometimes ?

I think some of the demonising on here for wanting a holiday abroad is a bit off.

I consider myself very lucky that I have been able to work through this, have had my first jab and most importantly, that me and my family are all well. My heart goes out to people who have lost loved ones, are ill or have lost their livelihoods.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with looking forward to whatever you want to do when restrictions are lifted. I couldn't give a toss about pubs and I'm happy not to go in a restaurant or a cinema for a while. These will be the biggest source of new infections when things open up. However, I am not about to wade in and call people selfish for wanting to do these things when they can.

I'm confident foreign travel will startup in July and, as I've complied with every government guideline for the past 12 months, hopefully those of us who want to can get away will be able to. I'd happily give up 12 months of pubs/restaurants/cinemas/theatres for a holiday in Spain, but I guess we're all different.

My biggest worry for UK travel is the traffic, going to travel at night when we go anywhere, 18 hours to Cornwall anybody?

I really need to go to Dublin. My 72 year old aunt and I have been talking about it for 2 years now, to look at our family connections and explore those places now that we know what we are looking for.
We went in 2010 but this second trip has been planned for ages.
Fortunately she is in reasonably good health, but I am now fearing that the "window of opportunity" is getting smaller.
Hopefully if you can't go this year, you will make it in 2022

I think some of the demonising on here for wanting a holiday abroad is a bit off.

I consider myself very lucky that I have been able to work through this, have had my first jab and most importantly, that me and my family are all well. My heart goes out to people who have lost loved ones, are ill or have lost their livelihoods.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with looking forward to whatever you want to do when restrictions are lifted. I couldn't give a toss about pubs and I'm happy not to go in a restaurant or a cinema for a while. These will be the biggest source of new infections when things open up. However, I am not about to wade in and call people selfish for wanting to do these things when they can.

I'm confident foreign travel will startup in July and, as I've complied with every government guideline for the past 12 months, hopefully those of us who want to can get away will be able to. I'd happily give up 12 months of pubs/restaurants/cinemas/theatres for a holiday in Spain, but I guess we're all different.
We are indeed all different. The thing the wife and I are missing most is going out for a drive and a walk, followed by a bite to eat somewhere. I'm so looking forward to being able to go to pubs again, even as a non-drinker.

I really feel sorry for the people who work I the industry
I work near the airport and walk near the terminals most lunch time.
All 3 terminals are like ghost Towns and worst still the government has completely ignored and forgotten about them.
The cynic in me thinks that their are a lot in the cabinet of the government that are secretly happy about the situation as it is cutting the emissions down and who knows do they actually want planes flying again?

Do you ever believe anything that you’ve written? The cynic in me thinks that were in the middle of a global pandemic and flying across the globe should be put on hold until the virus is under control.

Do you honestly think that the government is currently happy with the pandemic as emissions are currently low. You’re off your tits mate.

But we’ll all be jabbed and safe from infection wont we?
Its healthy to question what the fuck is going on. Im no tin foil hat nutter but if we dont question stuff then we are fucked.

do u think the gov dont do shit to suit THERE needs, not ours ? Sometimes ?
Can you tell us all the vaccine efficacy rate against the SA strain before gracing us with your next pearls of wisdom?

Thanks in anticipation.

Other warm countries are available.

Would you really give up 12 months of finally being able to go out with your family and friends just to lie on a beach, eat at a buffet and watch the entertainment in the evening?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.