The Battle of Boundary Park - Good (Bad) Friday 1984

Think that was a few years later; 87-88, possibly August bank holiday. Rain started early in the game and we got absolutely pissed wet through.
That’s the one I was thinking of as well we had mud fights amongst each other (city I mean )
some long haired rock star lookalike rod Stuart singing David Bowie songs behind the goal was like a swamp up near the turnstiles mudstock springs to mind

Drove there 4 of us coming home all in our undies driving up m62 to Warrington some of the looks we got ha ha ha stuff of legendary days out following city

Found this picture.

Click on the picture to enlarge it on your iPAD or device.

The 3 striped Adidas tracksuit top caught my eye. Used to have one, along with the bottoms. Loved it.

3 Police Officers. No Security. No wonder lads had a free run of football then.

Oldham V Manchester City Showing Crowd Trouble At Boundry Park.Stock Image by ANL for editorial use, 21 Apr 1984​

View attachment 13546

Remember that game although only 12/13 you knew a firm when you saw one.
Main line days iirc,
Adidas first them tops , also plenty of Pringle, Kappa, Tachinni, Leo Gemilli, Patrick Cagoules, Lacoste etc on show.
Toy Boys they used to call them!

That’s the one I was thinking of as well we had mud fights amongst each other (city I mean )
some long haired rock star lookalike rod Stuart singing David Bowie songs behind the goal was like a swamp up near the turnstiles mudstock springs to mind
There was a load of City fans in Rochdale Rd End shampooing their hair, the rain was so bad it washed right through! Not sure where the idea to take shampoo came from?!

Was at both games, the one with the ladder and the one when it pissed down. Lived local so walked home from both. Didn't see any trouble at the ladder game, City fans like ants climbing up it. Longest ladder I've ever seen.
The game when it pissed down, from memory, was a pretty sunny day. For some reason there were fences that prevented you from leaving the stand, even for the toilet, and it absolutely pissed it down for about fifteen minutes then bright sunny day again. I only wore a coat to put my keys in the coat pockets. Fortunately my sister lived in a house across Broadway and I remember calling to her house for a complete change of clothes and put the bank notes from my wallet on the radiator. Waste of time, they were totally fucked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.