Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

This game could have gone anyway. Happy that it went our way in the end but I am really worried about the second leg cause Dortmund will go for it and might hurt us if we keep on being shaky in Midfield and Defence.

I think it was mostly nerves cause everyone knows we keep on getting knocked out in the QF of the CL. I just hope Rodri gets his head straight for the second leg. Pep might play 2 holding for that one or even 3 at the back with Diaz Stones and Laporte! But we will definitely not repeat what happened
today. Our midfield got over run a couple of times!

If we can score early in the second leg then we might get over the line. Next up Leeds!

Thought we looked nervous throughout tonight especially at the back, and several players looked like they were running through treacle. The second leg line up will be fascinating, will Pep go all defensive again or try and kill it off by playing a striker from the start?
Foden motm tonight, Kev and Walker also played well

Exactly this. We restricted the best striker in Europe, a striker we are likely going to smash transfer records for, to a chance and the rest of a good team to a handful. We created more, controlled large parts of the game, and were decent across the pitch. Then again someone on the matchday thread was moaning about us being lucky in the Leicester game. We weren't playing Burton in a league cup quarter final, thia is a good result.
Yeah, we could have been better, but overall we were deserved winners and it's a shame the few negatives are being focussed upon.

Relieved we finally won but poor finishing and final ball almost cost us dear. We didn’t play that badly, and Dortmund are a good side, but having created the openings we did it’s disappointing to miss them.

On the plus side at least they won’t have any fans in the away leg so shouldn’t be as intimidating. I still think we’ll score away, they have to come out more now. I think we’ll just shade it but we desperately need to start finishing chances if we play Bayern or PSG.

De Bruyne and Foden superb tonight. We got lucky with Eddie’s fuck up though. No more of those hopefully!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.