KDB signs new contract until 2025

Just wonder if that security has given him a push. Hes certainly upped his game from about 6 weeks ago and hes not looking as miffed on the pitch..(apart from his "its a f**king red" rant at Leicester that is)

Fantastic news. Best midfielder in the world. Would not swop him for anyone. Now for a couple of quality players in the summer transfer window and we go again next year. Phil will blossom, even more and I believe, after a full preseason, with us, we will see a different Torres next season.

Brilliant news! Fantastic! What's great about this is the fact that he had no agent, that he negotiated everything himself along with his dad and trusted lawyer for advice. And the media were utterly clueless on what was going on! Indeed the last I heard from our esteemed journalists was KDB had rejected the club's first offer. Well maybe he did, as he is entitled to, but as all sensible and mature people do, club and player got round a table and sorted it out. And the respect shown by both sides meant that everything seems to have been concluded quickly and nothing leaked out.

I dislike agents intensely. I struggle to see what they do, as they don't act in the best interests of the player, only their own. They drain money from the game and often agitate for a transfer that leave a player's career in a worse place. So it says a lot about KDB as a person - and the people who run our club - that you can reach an agreement, in confidence, without all the usual circus and media leaks. A huge amount of class shown by player and club and that's how, under this owner, we always do our business.

Excellent post. KDB is his own man, that's one of the many things to respect about him. Now it might be nice if Haaland took a leaf out of his book — if he's interested in a move — and sat down without his agent (but with his dad!) to thrash it out.
As far as the medium and long-term health of this club is concerned, the three most important events of the last twelve months or so may well not be football matches at all. They are the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling; Pep's extension; now this. If Haaland is signed this summer that would complete a remarkable year, regardless of which trophies are landed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.