HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

Always sad when anyone dies, but the blanket media coverage has been a bit weird to say the least.
I think the thing is that very few of us on here have ever experienced either a reigning Monarch or their consort passing. I don't think what we are experiencing now is that much different to when George VI died.
It's a strange one for most of us.

Villagers on the remote island of Tanna in Vanuatu (South Pacific, New Hebredies) who deified Prince Philip are to respond to the Duke's death with ritual wailing, dancing and narcotic drinks from a coconut.
Beats my IPA.

I think the thing is that very few of us on here have ever experienced either a reigning Monarch or their consort passing. I don't think what we are experiencing now is that much different to when George VI died.
It's a strange one for most of us.
Yeah, I guess it’s unprecedented in that regard but society has changed a fair bit since the last time this happened. Could understand it more with Diana, in that it was premature and a genuine shock. Feels a bit different when it’s a 99 year old man though. Similar to when the Queen Mother died.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.