#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Club should freeze all the contract talks with Raz until he gains some resemblance of good form - be it the next season or the season after. We can't sell him because of the wages, but offering a new long-term deal now could be suicidal from financial POV.

Right now he looks like a veteran that had started at a pro level too early and already has his best years behind. It's his business to prove otherwise

Would be interesting to see how high sterling's stock is in Europe. He still has exceptional numbers and if he has a good euros which is entirely possible his value will probably be at its all time peak.

I think Txiki will have looked at his performances over the last 18 months, seen its too long of a period for it to be a blip and might just be open to using him to bring in others. Fantasy land talk here and Mbappe seems destined for Madrid but with a year left on his contract could we offer sterling to PSG in exchange? That might be a better option to them than vinicius Jr.

He's on the books at about £7m currently. If we could make £70m profit by selling him for around £80m it'd be good business.And it frees up space for Grealish, who's a much better footballer.
For City to sell it would probably take Pep telling the board that Sterling is now surplus to requirements. That would be some change in opinion from Pep. I just can’t see it.

I think you really are living in the past!

His career has stalled and I’m not sure he has a third, fourth, fifth act in him.

He has devolved back to the kid who runs with the ball somewhere in his vicinity, but often not in his control, head down trying to figure something to do, before either running into the player and going down, running out of play, or simply losing control of the ball.

His first touch is non-existent and, while he has the pace to get in behind defenders without the ball, once it gets to him there is too much thought and not enough instinct in the next 2-3 seconds.

Forwards live, breathe and bank their careers in those few seconds.

He’s either mentally weak and is completely useless without the confidence or he’s believed his own hype over the last couple of years and needs to get his head down and rediscover himself as a footballer.

Either way it’s fucking frustrating watching him play football recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.