#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling is having a tough time his worst spell at the club , but posters re-writing history stating he has never been any good need to give their heads a wobble , he has been excellent for 3/4 seasons and he will return to form , he hasnt lost his ability overnight but he has lost confidence , and it will return.

If we got 60/70m for Raz (which to be brutal I can't see happening) and 40m for Jesus this summer I'd take it and go all out for Haaland. Promote from the u23s and we'd be set fair for years.

Not sure I'd be extending his contract at the moment and if we don't sell or extend he may just run it down and then we'd get nowt for him.

Is a shame as I like Raz but if there's better out there and you want to be a top club then you go and get them. Football is a ruthless business and it's maybe time for City to finally go balls deep from a position of strength (Assuming we win the title and another cup or two this season).

Can't be arsed with reactionary bullshit like wanting him gone, but he's in horrible form. I don't think he's reacted well to bring dropped from the spine... I'm sure he'll turn it around, but he doesn't look like someone ready to fight for his spot at the moment.

Lots of differing opinions on here today, many leaning towards writing Raheem off completely. It's bizarre that both Pep and Southgate disagree with the nay-sayers and still see him as an important cog in the wheel.

If Pep has given up on Raheem, why hasn't he played Torres more? Why doesn't he use Jesus as first choice wide left man? Why doesn't he played Zinchenko in a more advanced role? It's not as though we don't have plenty of alternatives!

Indeed, if Raheem has been poor for 18 months as some suggest on here, why hasn't he already been offloaded?

I can only assume that it's because Pep and Southgate see something many City fans don't.

I have no doubt that there are a few potential buyers out there for Raheem. If he does go, you can bet they'd end up paying £70m+ for him. The upcoming new contract negotiations will be interesting, and will give an indication on how important City see Raheem for our future.

Lots of differing opinions on here today, many leaning towards writing Raheem off completely. It's bizarre that both Pep and Southgate disagree with the nay-sayers and still see him as an important cog in the wheel.

If Pep has given up on Raheem, why hasn't he played Torres more? Why doesn't he use Jesus as first choice wide left man? Why doesn't he played Zinchenko in a more advanced role? It's not as though we don't have plenty of alternatives!

Indeed, if Raheem has been poor for 18 months as some suggest on here, why hasn't he already been offloaded?

I can only assume that it's because Pep and Southgate see something many City fans don't.

I have no doubt that there are a few potential buyers out there for Raheem. If he does go, you can bet they'd end up paying £70m+ for him. The upcoming new contract negotiations will be interesting, and will give an indication on how important City see Raheem for our future.
You have to take little notice of what's written on here after a bad result unfortunately. There's always valid criticisms but there are so many hot takes it's crazy. It's the case in several threads.

With Sterling being sold I always ask the question, if he's as bad as they say he is, who would want him? Unless we're selling him for 20m, but then the very people who'd want him gone would be furious with that kind of fee.

I was really happy when Raheem came good after a pedestrian start to his City career. After the crap he got from the media - much of initiated by representatives of Liverpool - it was great to see him scoring for fun and really affecting games. Unfortunately we are seeing less and less of that Sterling and his inability to finish big chances at crucial times has cost us on several occasions.
I am not sure whether his dwelling on the ball or attempting too much is something that has been coached but his role needs to be reviewed as he is offering very little at the moment.

You have to take little notice of what's written on here after a bad result unfortunately. There's always valid criticisms but there are so many hot takes it's crazy. It's the case in several threads.

With Sterling being sold I always ask the question, if he's as bad as they say he is, who would want him? Unless we're selling him for 20m, but then the very people who'd want him gone would be furious with that kind of fee.
That's the annoying thing, is that their are valid criticisms of his form.

Yes he was bad today, and hasn't had been up to his standards like the last few seasons.

But... he isn't getting sold unless someone bids 100m, because he has done alot for us, is still young, and is english, his value is still high for City. So people need to stop demanding he gets sold, its impossible.

This is why I back him. Is it based on this season? No. It's based on what he's done overall. Does that make me positively biased towards Sterling? Yes.

But I don't think it's bad that my default stance is to back a player who has done so much for us. The opposite stance seems weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.