Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

I think Stones was incredible today, his performance was imperious and one of the best in his City career. I really cannot remember a CB making so many forward runs in a PL game. And defensively he was good when needed. Even when LU were with all eleven he was very good and makings runs forward - and he probably made more successful dribbles in one game than Raz in the last 15. Oleks was also very decent in what was asked of him to do alongside Fern - he definitely can play MF in this City side, he doesn't lose a ball, doesn't crumble under pressure and always try to make a progressive pass. And although as a team we managed to find ourselves in positions to score or create a chance, there were many 'meh' performances when a piece of individual skill was needed to break this LU.
Ake - Mendy combo did not work on any part of the pitch, Cancelo poor, Bernardo non effective, Jesus combative, but nothing to go for in that front three, Ferran non-existent and Raz was shockingly poor, that was like the worst City game of his career. he was just atrocious today.
This loss today eclipses that collapse in 3:2 loss to Wolves, just mind numbing.

If City don't sign a world level striker this summer I'll tear my hair out.

Aguero is going, Jesus is a good lad but he's not going to be the sort of forward that bags you goals galore.

Every time we fail to do well in Europe it is invariably due to a string of missed chances.

We will go into this next window as English champions, with quite possibly another cup or two or three on top and if we ever want to create a dynasty that will see us dominate for years now is the time to utterly demoralise the competition by strengthening what is already the best team in England.

I'm not sure there will be too many big money signings in the summer due to this covid situation. I'm amazed both Barcelona and Real Madrid keep on getting linked with expensive signings when they're supposed to be skint.

For me we're filled with too many similar players Torres, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez who are more wide players than strikers. Now as wide players they have a decent return of goals but we need a Dzeko, an Aguero, a Tevez type or two. Where are they though? Such strikers are rare and as a result are in high demand and cost a fortune. Sterling and Jesus are too easily knocked off the ball, both are about 11 stone wet through and slight in build. You look at peak Tevez and Aguero as well as poaching goals they had strength and power to bully defenders and create goals for themselves. It's something we have been lacking for a couple of seasons now. If a deal can be done I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Sterling or Jesus being sold to fund the deal, possibly both. Who knows?

The league is the only competition of the four where we can afford to lose a game.
Pep had to make a selection decision today based on many factors. I think it was the right one. It was the players who missed the chances today not the manager. Also, why bring on KDB, Dias, Mahrez when there is a chance of injury before two enormous games. We had 3 really good chances today, they were not taken. That is the story of the game.

I'm not sure there will be too many big money signings in the summer due to this covid situation. I'm amazed both Barcelona and Real Madrid keep on getting linked with expensive signings when they're supposed to be skint.

For me we're filled with too many similar players Torres, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez who are more wide players than strikers. Now as wide players they have a decent return of goals but we need a Dzeko, an Aguero, a Tevez type or two. Where are they though? Such strikers are rare and as a result are in high demand and cost a fortune. Sterling and Jesus are too easily knocked off the ball, both are about 11 stone wet through and slight in build. You look at peak Tevez and Aguero as well as poaching goals they had strength and power to bully defenders and create goals for themselves. It's something we have been lacking for a couple of seasons now. If a deal can be done I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Sterling or Jesus being sold to fund the deal, possibly both. Who knows?
When have barca and real ever struggled to fund a purchase ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.