Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial reaction after the first game was that Dortmund cannot and will not play that well again and I stick by that. I also thought we were always more likely to win the away leg and we will. We know what's coming and will prepare, we have some of the best footballers in Europe and will play at a faster tempo over there to starve their front men. A Bernie masterclass awaits.

Jeez have some belief will you we have an unbelievable team so stop flapping for god sake!

We DO have an unbelievable team, that’s for sure. I hope that we soon can banish the millstone of ‘going behind and losing’ error that’s hanging over us, and the media love.
If we go on to beat Dortmund, we still have a bucket load of games left where we could easily get caught out AGAIN because the opposition is not in any other competitions. It’s going to be a wild run in, there’s no doubt. I hope we can keep the players fresh by his rotation tactic, BUT those that come in, MUST know they’re playing for the team, not themselves.

Shit myself for a second when I saw the reffing team were Spanish. Trust this lot haven’t got it in for Pep like Snr Lahoz?

I have no idea mate ... the ref is Madrid born and part of Madrid ref assoc so no idea if all Madrid are anti-Barca/anti-Catalonia/anti-Pep ...

A quick search for his name seems to pull up a lot of forum chat for his "weak performances" this season and some surprised at him even being given a big game by UEFA like this one ... who knows what they are up to.

I have no idea mate ... the ref is Madrid born and part of Madrid ref assoc so no idea if all Madrid are anti-Barca/anti-Catalonia/anti-Pep ...

A quick search for his name seems to pull up a lot of forum chat for his "weak performances" this season and some surprised at him even being given a big game by UEFA like this one ... who knows what they are up to.

Here we go again....

The referring team has been appointed ...

Referee: Carlos del Cerro Grande (ESP)
Assistant 1: Juan Carlos Yuste Jiménez (ESP)
Assistant 2: Roberto Alonso Fernández (ESP)
4th Official: José María Sánchez Martínez (ESP)
VAR: Juan Martínez Munuera (ESP)
Asst VAR: Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea (ESP)
UEFA Referee Observer: Markus Nobs (SUI)
UEFA Delegate: João Morais (POR)

This is the guy in the middle ...

View attachment 14101

And his games for us ...

View attachment 14104

Thread header updated as well.
cancelo ‘s lost brother?

The referring team has been appointed ...

Referee: Carlos del Cerro Grande (ESP)
Assistant 1: Juan Carlos Yuste Jiménez (ESP)
Assistant 2: Roberto Alonso Fernández (ESP)
4th Official: José María Sánchez Martínez (ESP)
VAR: Juan Martínez Munuera (ESP)
Asst VAR: Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea (ESP)
UEFA Referee Observer: Markus Nobs (SUI)
UEFA Delegate: João Morais (POR)

This is the guy in the middle ...

View attachment 14101

And his games for us ...

View attachment 14104

Thread header updated as well.

That Schalke game was when he awarded them two penalties and sent Otamendi off.

The VAR guy is known in Spain as being “very Real Madrid leaning” https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/clasico/martinez-munuera-herencia-madridista-8173752

Pretty much same team as the first leg for me

maybe he’ll change a bit at fullback.

Foden had their number completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.