Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial reaction after the first game was that Dortmund cannot and will not play that well again and I stick by that. I also thought we were always more likely to win the away leg and we will. We know what's coming and will prepare, we have some of the best footballers in Europe and will play at a faster tempo over there to starve their front men. A Bernie masterclass awaits.
It's probably true that they played their best game of the season against. Their notorious instability would suggest you are correct that they will not repeat it come Wednesday. They weren't shabby against Stuttgart on Saturday though so I think we should assume they will perform more or less the same as in the first leg again. Luckily I think we can also assume their tactics will be the same, so Pep can adjust us to deal better with this time.

Prioritize this and Villa next week. Rest a few for the FA Cup.

Let's get our form players back in the team. 3-1 with a KDB brace and Mahrez.
We're 11 points ahead in the league, but you'd rather rest players in the semi-final of the FA cup when we're still on for a quadruple?

I'm glad Pep is the manager and not you lol.

It's probably true that they played their best game of the season against. Their notorious instability would suggest you are correct that they will not repeat it come Wednesday. They weren't shabby against Stuttgart on Saturday though so I think we should assume they will perform more or less the same as in the first leg again. Luckily I think we can also assume their tactics will be the same, so Pep can adjust us to deal better with this time.
Lyon were the same in the league the season they beat us, some great performances sandwiched in between absolute shite. The problems for us aren't form, they're always how we control (or lack there of) the game and let the situations distract us. Keep the ball, no overplaying and keep a controlled pace, we can beat pretty much any press in the world like that and have shown it over and over.

Lyon were the same in the league the season they beat us, some great performances sandwiched in between absolute shite. The problems for us aren't form, they're always how we control (or lack there of) the game and let the situations distract us. Keep the ball, no overplaying and keep a controlled pace, we can beat pretty much any press in the world like that and have shown it over and over.
I agree. IMO it is actually a sign of a great team if a team plays the best in the most important matches. About time we did that in the CL instead of fucking ourselves with unnecessary mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.