Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the first leg Pep said we're going to change the press and we're going to change the build up.

Cancelo was one of the players specifically called out for having a shit game last week. Zinchenko is one of the most integral players to the build up so if you want better build up, he's going in. As for pressing, no one organises and runs our press like Jesus and he also gives more help to the midfield than anyone else in the front 3, constantly dropping in to receive the ball or tackle.

We know Fernandinho isn't going to start 2 games in 4 days with his 36th birthday 3 weeks away. I think Bernardo's very unlikely to after playing 93 minutes of terrible football on Saturday.

So I'm expecting -

Ederson, Zinchenko, Dias, Stones, Walker; Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Foden, Jesus, Mahrez.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sterling started ahead of Jesus though, he also offers a very good press but also legs to get in behind Dortmund's slow backline.

After the first leg Pep said we're going to change the press and we're going to change the build up.

Cancelo was one of the players specifically called out for having a shit game last week. Zinchenko is one of the most integral players to the build up so if you want better build up, he's going in. As for pressing, no one organises and runs our press like Jesus and he also gives more help to the midfield than anyone else in the front 3, constantly dropping in to receive the ball or tackle.

We know Fernandinho isn't going to start 2 games in 4 days with his 36th birthday 3 weeks away. I think Bernardo's very unlikely to after playing 93 minutes of terrible football on Saturday.

So I'm expecting -

Ederson, Zinchenko, Dias, Stones, Walker; Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Foden, Jesus, Mahrez.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sterling started ahead of Jesus though, he also offers a very good press but also legs to get in behind Dortmund's slow backline.
I like that line up and agree about Jesus. Please no Sterling

If laporte is fit, I think he will start ahead of stones.
I've been thinking that's a possibility because we struggled to play out from the back on that left hand side. However I think that it would be Dias dropped ahead of Stones, just about, on form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.