How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of sounding hypocritical here.

Looked at the Serie A table to see what those crazy Italians are up to these days.

Saw inter Milan 11 points clear at the top with 8 games to go. First thought was, well that's that one over, no way AC are catching that margin up.

Quite interesting to more that the Rags have attained 63 points from 31 games, an average of 2.013 points per game. People keep saying they are going to win their remaining 7 games and while it is possible there is nothing to suggest they will. 9 points from 3 games is fantastic form but a very narrow window to be looking at. So lets ignore there start to their season in fact lets ignore the whole first half of the season, lets focus on their last 10 games where don't forget they also beat us.

Anyone like to guess how many points they amassed over this period?

22 is the answer, so in they averaged out 2.2 points rather than the 2.013 for the whole season.

By the way we amassed 24 points with our little wobble.

Even if they manage to maintain this 2.2 points a game for the final 7 games they would finish with 15 / 16 points.

Say they get 16, they would finish the league on 79 points, meaning in theory we could draw all of our remaining games and still win the title.

I think people are getting emotional about the winning margin, the record books remember the winners not the margin.

For what it's worth I predict we will win at least 4 of the remining games while the rags will drop points in at least 2 games, I believe we will win by at least 9 points.

Right now would sacrifice the Chumps league rather than risking the scum winning the league. But I can't get typical City out of my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.