How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a CL quarter final and FA Cup semi in the space of 72 hours. Potentially extra time in both. Even without the side at Villa is going to show a number of changes (again) especially with CC on the Sunday. As we saw yesterday the back up forwards aren't really firing.
What does this have to do with United Winning all there remaining games?
Quite interesting to more that the Rags have attained 63 points from 31 games, an average of 2.013 points per game. People keep saying they are going to win their remaining 7 games and while it is possible there is nothing to suggest they will. 9 points from 3 games is fantastic form but a very narrow window to be looking at. So lets ignore there start to their season in fact lets ignore the whole first half of the season, lets focus on their last 10 games where don't forget they also beat us.

Anyone like to guess how many points they amassed over this period?

22 is the answer, so in they averaged out 2.2 points rather than the 2.013 for the whole season.

By the way we amassed 24 points with our little wobble.

Even if they manage to maintain this 2.2 points a game for the final 7 games they would finish with 15 / 16 points.

Say they get 16, they would finish the league on 79 points, meaning in theory we could draw all of our remaining games and still win the title.

I think people are getting emotional about the winning margin, the record books remember the winners not the margin.

For what it's worth I predict we will win at least 4 of the remining games while the rags will drop points in at least 2 games, I believe we will win by at least 9 points.
Don't talk sense, it doesn't go down well on here

Last edited:
Manure have difficult fixtures as well, especially between 25.04. and 11.05.

Leeds away
Roma/Ajax
Liverpool home
Roma/Ajax
Villa away
Leicester home

6 games over 17 days, little room for error, and Leeds, Liverpool and Leicester desperate to take pts off them. Think they'll be knackered in the final games, unless they are on *that* caffeine diet, that is.

Manure have difficult fixtures as well, especially between 25.04. and 11.05.

Leeds away
Roma/Ajax
Liverpool home
Roma/Ajax
Villa away
Leicester home

6 games over 17 days, little room for error, and Leeds, Liverpool and Leicester desperate to take pts off them. Think they'll be knackered in the final games, unless they are on *that* caffeine diet, that is.
Ha ha, Utd v Liverpool in a crucial game for both, might as well stand your tv on its end so at least the players will appear to be upright!

Still end up Nil fuckin Nil though.

Last edited:
Smartarse? Ffs. Aha sure.

My point is valid and I stand by it. Apart from Ake, Torres and Mendy, everyone that played was a regular through our winning run. The players not to feature were dias, kev, maheez and rodri. We average 5 changes a game, this was 7.

It was hardly the fucking c-list run-out everyone is moaning about. We lost a game of football, couple sucker punch goals. It happens, could have happened im that manner with one or two of the 4 players left out on as a well. I'm glad they got rested, but it wasn't like Pep deliberately threw the game, there was still enough there and on another day we could have won it.

And Walker started way fewer games than cancelo in our run btw.
Agree. We happened to have a game where half the team were having poor games. The biggest disappointment for me was the fact Eddie has just bailed us out with a great save so the warning was there. Based on home game against Dortmund we definitely needed to rest players however would have rather rested Bernie and play Foden.

If anyone was worried about Everton winning all their games ;-) tonight they drew.

Only the top5 can win it now.
Indeed, and as Chelsea still have to play both West Ham and Leicester, I’d refine that further to say only 4 of the top 5.

One more win for us is mathematically a top 2 finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.