Return of Supporters

It was a long time ago but I thought it was Northampton tickets that went on sale the morning of the Macc away game? Either way, think I was in the queue even earlier than you and once we’d gotten our tickets we got the train to Macc and were on the piss from about 10.30am.....while you were tucked up in bed!
I went to Northampton - funny story how I got tickets....
You had to have a Northampton post code to get tickets in their end. I asked around if anyone had a relative or friend in the Northampton area and a friend knew someone from Rushden from his student days and was still in touch with him.
A quick phone call later and his friend agreed I could use his address.
The next day I was driving to London for work and called Northampton Town up, said I was the manager of the Northampton School of Language and had 6 Japanese students over for 2 weeks and they wanted to watch a game and the time they are over is when Town play Manchester City and can I buy them tickets?
Not only did he say yes, but charged me student / child ticket rate and said they would be in the Family Stand! Of course I couldn't say that 6 adult tickets away from the family stand would be fine so just tried not to be laughing on the phone as I gave my details.
3 hours later I am at their ticket office and have the tickets in my hand - 2 weeks before tickets went on sale at Maine Road.
On the day, the 6 of us, all adults and pissed, took up our seats in the Family Stand!

Last edited:
So.....

No children allowed to the Wembley test games.

Tests to be taken at test sites ahead of the game - no home testing allowed.

All seating 1mtr apart.

Majority attending from Brent to reduce travel.

I went to Northampton - funny story how I got tickets....
You had to have a Northampton post code to get tickets in their end. I asked around if anyone had a relative or friend in the Northampton area and a friend knew someone from Rushden from his student days and was still in touch with him.
A quick phone call later and his friend agreed I could use his address.
The next day I was driving to London for work and called Northampton Town up, said I was the manager of the Northampton School of Language and had 6 Japanese students over for 2 weeks and they wanted to watch a game and the time they are over is when Town play Manchester City and can I buy them tickets?
Not only did he say yes, but charged me student / child ticket rate and said they would be in the Family Stand! Of course I couldn't say that 6 adult tickets away from the family stand would be fine so just tried not to be laughing on the phone as I gave my details.
3 hours later I am at their ticket office and have the tickets in my hand - 2 weeks before tickets went on sale at Maine Road.
On the day, the 6 of us, all adults and pissed, took up our seats in the Family Stand!
I remember that Northampton game,was in a bar in Benelmadena on the Costa del Sol watching Sheffield Wednesday v Arsenal on a giant screen while smaller telly's showed other prem league games while other screens had Sky Sports news on. Self and brother both pissed as farts and danced round the place celebrating as City got an injury time goal to equalise at fucking Northampton. Today feel pissed off as we only lead the premier league by eleven points. Getting spoiled, turning into entitlement junkies like rags and dippers. Never forget where we've come from blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.