How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now would sacrifice the Chumps league rather than risking the scum winning the league. But I can't get typical City out of my mind

Typical City nowadays is one who wins titles and cups not throws them away. When we have been in smelling distance of the title we have won it. When we have been in a final we have won 7 out of 8 and our last 6.

Typical City nowadays is one who wins titles and cups not throws them away. When we have been in smelling distance of the title we have won it. When we have been in a final we have won 7 out of 8 and our last
Typical City nowadays is one who wins titles and cups not throws them away. When we have been in smelling distance of the title we have won it. When we have been in a final we have won 7 out of 8 and our last 6.
We are odds on favourites for good reason but that doesn’t mean that it is impossible for us to not to win the PL. It isn’t. I’ve got £50 on the rags at 1-200 though. I’m far less nervous than I would be otherwise be.

We are odds on favourites for good reason but that doesn’t mean that it is impossible for us to not to win the PL. It isn’t. I’ve got £50 on the rags at 1-200 though. I’m far less nervous than I would be otherwise be.
You should've said you could've just give it me instead of wasting it!

The state of this thread ... seriously how did you guys survive the 18/19 season?

We had such a good thread going all second half of that season ... those who don't remember, it was called "Why we will win the league!" and we had it going from when we were behind Liverpool in January all the way to the end ... and I know (from a lot of comments in there) it kept us all together and behind the team all the way ... don't remember all this so scared, so down attitude that's going on here this time ...

I know some faint-hearted souls on here didn't even dare open that thread till after we had actually won (as they declared it themselves in there) ... maybe that's what we need again ... a bit of optimism (and some balls) ... not this "oh my god we are 'only' 11 points ahead with 6-7 games to go" ...

Warning: Don't open my pre-match thread for the next league game - Villa (A) then ... because you won't like it at all - that game too is one we can "still afford" to lose - and expect the same/similar team as Leeds in that one too. Reason?? Dortmund (QF) + Chelsea (SF) before and Spurs (Final) + CL (SF) after ... simple! AND the fact that even in the absolute worst case scenario, we will still be well ahead at the top - 5 points ahead with 5 games to go is absolutely "well ahead" ... again, how did you survive the last 14 games of the 18/19 season if you can't hold it together right now? This is walk in the park compared to 18/19 ... or 11/12 ... or hell, even 13/14 was more tighter than this.

The state of this thread ... seriously how did you guys survive the 18/19 season?

We had such a good thread going all second half of that season ... those who don't remember, it was called "Why we will win the league!" and we had it going from when we were behind Liverpool in January all the way to the end ... and I know (from a lot of comments in there) it kept us all together and behind the team all the way ... don't remember all this so scared, so down attitude that's going on here this time ...

I know some faint-hearted souls on here didn't even dare open that thread till after we had actually won (as they declared it themselves in there) ... maybe that's what we need again ... a bit of optimism (and some balls) ... not this "oh my god we are 'only' 11 points ahead with 6-7 games to go" ...

Warning: Don't open my pre-match thread for the next league game - Villa (A) then ... because you won't like it at all - that game too is one we can "still afford" to lose - and expect the same/similar team as Leeds in that one too. Reason?? Dortmund (QF) - Chelsea (SF) before and Spurs (Final) - CL (SF) after ... simple! AND the fact that even in the absolute worst case scenario, we will still be well ahead at the top - 5 points ahead with 5 games to go is absolutely "well ahead" ... again, how did you survive the last 14 games of the 18/19 season if you can't hold it together right now? This is walk in the park compared to 18/19 ... or 11/12 ... or hell, even 13/14 was more tighter than this.
This, all day long......

Reactions: MAG
Some of it is context. If we had been level a few weeks ago and then opened an 11 point lead people would be happier.

One way around it is to ask yourself would you have taken the current position at the start of the season or taken your chances?

Are you all doing this to add a bit of drama to your season? Or is it that this thread is attracting the doom and gloomers? Do people honestly, hand on heart, not think we are going to win this? The only drama left in the season is how many cups we win, the league is done. We need to beat Palace, Newcastle, and Brighton and draw against one of Chelsea, Villa and Everton. And that's if United win all their games, which they won't. Our poorest teams post-takeover would walk this, and this is the best squad and team we've had.

Warning: Don't open my pre-match thread for the next league game - Villa (A) then ... because you won't like it at all - that game too is one we can "still afford" to lose - and expect the same/similar team as Leeds in that one too. Reason?? Dortmund (QF) + Chelsea (SF) before and Spurs (Final) + CL (SF) after ... simple! AND the fact that even in the absolute worst case scenario, we will still be well ahead at the top - 5 points ahead with 5 games to go is absolutely "well ahead" ... again, how did you survive the last 14 games of the 18/19 season if you can't hold it together right now? This is walk in the park compared to 18/19 ... or 11/12 ... or hell, even 13/14 was more tighter than this.
You talk a lot of sense MAG!
And... you put the shower of so called "professional journalist" to shame!!
Bravo!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-235832_GIPHY.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-235832_GIPHY.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 15
Or would you have taken being 19 points clear and the title won by now after needless defeats against United and Leeds?

In theory City could have put out the EDS team for the last 6 games and rested every first team player during that period.

Now the 1st team players will have to bust a gut against Dortmund, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs, Palace, and Bayern or PSG.

Like every City fan I would love City to do the quadruple. No other English club has ever done that. Not the Rags. Not the Dippers. But I don't think City can do it.

I don't own the club. I don't crave the CL like Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, Pep, and the English football media do. I crave another PL title. Like the vast majority of City fans do. And I don't want a 5th PL title jeopardised by team selections and rotations to accommodate a CL QF win. With no guarantee of a semi-final win against Bayern or PSG.

The PL title should have been won by now. When United beat Burnley, that will be a 9 point swing in United's favour. A 17 point lead drops to a 8 point lead.

People keep on saying United will slip up in their remaining PL games. I sincerely hope they are right. People keep on saying City will win their remaining PL games sandwiched in-between CL, FA Cup, and Carabao Cup games. Once again, I sincerely hope they are right. What do I know? Because if those people aren't right, and the Rags go on to win the PL title, no matter how far fetched those people still think that outcome is, we, City fans, will never live it down, after City blew a 17 point lead against the Rags, and the PL title was within City's grasp.

On a lighter note. I fully expect a torrent of abuse after posting this.

Good night. :-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.