Champions League Games 13/14 April

Neymar is never sensational for me. I find his decision making abysmally average for someone so talented.

Mbappe on the other hand is a fucking Gem :(
I personally thought neymar was the more dangerous player tonight. Hit the bar hit the post whisker away from a tap in. He was at the heart of everything good that PSG did, not to mention his ball retention was truly world class. Mbappe doesn’t posses the same technical ability as neymar imo he is however absolutely frightening on the counter, if we progress it is gonna be a very very tough game

if we are able to do that, beating any of Chelsea, Liverpool or Real Madrid in one game will also be extremely tough
Personally, I wouldn't mind playing Chelsea or Liverpool. I think we'd beat them both - not easily, granted, but I'd give us a very good chance. We know how they play and whilst a one-off game is always tricky I think Pep would be happier playing a "known" team.

Real would be a different story mind. They have the players and experience and of course, they are Real and would love to get one over on Pep.

In all honesty, you don't win the CL playing turkeys. You eventually come across the big teams and I still feel that NO ONE will want to play us! :)

I’m not sure I understand how us playing Dortmund gives us a mental advantage.

Personally I dont feel any negativity. I do, however, have what I think is healthy dose of reality. If we get past Dortmund tomorrow, getting by PSG over two legs will be extremely tough and if we are able to do that, beating any of Chelsea, Liverpool or Real Madrid in one game will also be extremely tough. We are going to have to be at our best from now on if we are going to win this year.
I already said, the games could have taken a lot out of them physically and mentally. This season, especially towards the end of the season, the amount of legs in teams will start to play a bigger factor. I suppose I should wait to see how tomorrow's game goes but our first game, although tough, it wasn't the same kind of game as theirs was and I'm glad for it. Here's hoping we exert more control in the second leg, like we are capable of doing.

Some may argue that having beat Bayern, that will give them a mental boost for the next round but they said the same about us beating Real last year, I think it's overstated personally. Which would you have rather had: Bayern in the quarters, while they face Dortmund before facing us or what we'll have had should we get through tomorrow? It's that simple for me.

I don't think I've said it will be easy(of course we could lose) but going into games saying you've no chance, is basically quitting before the game has started(like that Real game under Pellegrini). Of course we'll have to be better than we have been in previous years and we'll be up against one of the favourites in PSG who would have probably met us in the final had we managed to avoid them until then. So there's really no point in complaining that we have to face them. These are the teams we have to beat if we want to win it.

IMO the players have to believe they can win or they wont, the fans should play their part in backing them to instil that belief and only then can they act like they've been let down afterwards.

Last edited:
Our amazingly solid stones Dias defence?
I’m more worried about whether we can take our chances tbh
They're solid because our opponents aren't good enough to keep the ball long enough to trouble them
PSG are a totally different proposition with those two up front

Look at Dortmund in our first leg
Two half decent forward passes and we're ripped apart

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.