Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Tremendous performance, particularly second half. I don’t mind admitting I thought first ten we were too passive and was worried how things were going to play out. But the players really stepped up. Quite incredible to be where we are going into the middle of April
We did cede ground to them first fifteen. Cant defend deep against an attacking side like that . That was the only negative from tonight. Other than that we were simply the better team in all departments from 16 mins onwards

Yea we are doing awesomely but yes we do need another sticker. The 2 things aren’t mutually exclusive
True, but I don't agree that we need anything. We'd benefit from certain signings for sure, but if this squad was identical next season I wouldn't be worried.

860_fireworks_banner_4MB.gif
They certainly were commercial fireworks that was let off last night.
I just hope they all were looking out their windows, as that looks awesome!

Billy big balls Mahrez to take the PK.
Sterling doesn’t deserve a place at all.
Foden an absolute joy to watch, his desire for the ball and work rate is unbelievable.
All the media are now eating their words about him.
BT are utter cünts. The dislike of us runs to the core. Might have to watch it on BEIN with Arabic commentary.

Superb result and looking back, it probably did us some good to go behind and come back from it. You could see the relief and belief in the players once we scored. We've seen plenty of games where we have the ball, create loads of chances but nothing goes in but tonight we got what we deserved.

I can't believe anyone is questioning the penalty. Full credit to Emre Can who was one of our best players over the 2 legs, but it took some ability to get his head near his hand when he handballed it.

BT are an absolute disgrace and that's the last time I'll have the commentary on. It was like listening to Ferguson and Crerand at times, they loved it when Bellingham scored. I lost count of how many times they mentioned he scored, his age etc. They HATE us and we should not be giving them interviews. I'd love it if we just answered questions with random sentences or something. I cannot understand why they would pick commentators who do not at least tolerate the team they are commentating on. Who do they think are watching these games? We need a campaign to get Mike Summerbee on more often. He doesn't take ANY shit about us.

Foden was superb - again. The lads a £100m signing in this team. That finish was "phil-nomenal" :) he was a constant danger over the 2 legs and it's hard to believe he is only 20 and is MOTM in 2 CL quarter finals. I thought Dias was good as was KdB. Credit to Mahrez taking the penalty as well and I thought Zinchenko did well to claw himself hack into the game after a shaky start.

REALLY looking forward to the PSG game, it should be an absolute cracking couple of games. I just hope we don't let Neymar/Mbappe into our heads like we did with Haaland though! I think the winner of that game will go on and win the CL. We've got the players, I just hope we go into the game and enforce our game rather than worry about them.

A quick on on Haaland... he plays for a team who fed him scraps. But the scraps he was given he did well with for me. Had a hand in both their goals over the 2 legs and looks like he will be a truly superb footballer. he could end up being a bigger/faster/stronger Drogba. I hope we sign him. He's got height, strength, power, pace, control and can finish and there's not many players in the world with that combination of abilities.

I'm not a big CL fan but tonight was a great game and I really hope we go into the PSG one with the confidence that we can win this. PSG should be worried about us, not the other way round!!

COME ON CITY!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.