Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Not our best performance, but tonight and over the two legs we were the better team.

We will have to play much better over both legs jf we are to beat PSG and get to the CL final.

That 2nd half performance was our best in europe under Pep , every player stepped up , Dortmund offered nothing in reality they just wanted to stay in the game , expected more from them and Haaland but we didnt allow them to play.
Hands up , Pep get this one 100% right , all the pundits spouting their shite about Mbappe , Neymar and we will not handle them , one thing is for certain PSG's defence will not handle KDB,Gundo & Foden , bring it on

Wow! What a fantastic tie. And I mean both legs. All credit to Dortmund for their contribution to the spectacle that we have witnessed over the last eight days.

A slow start again tonight, but once we got into our stride, we dominated and controlled the game.

The players were brilliant to a man. There were so many outstanding performances that it was far from easy to pick a MotM. I gave it to KdB, because he not only led from the front, but ran his bollocks off throughout the match.

All credit to Riyad Mahrez for stepping up to take the penalty, in what was arguably the biggest moment of his City career to date. Phil’s strike was brilliant. He has the knack of scoring those near-post goals from distance. I think his shot surprised Hitz as much as anything. The so-called experts in the studio and commentary box claimed that the 'keeper should have saved it, but he didn’t, so fuck off! The sight of Phil running to Pep and embracing him was a brilliant snapshot of their relationship. What a fantastic job the manager has done managing the young man over the last four years or so.

I hardly heard Håland's name mentioned in the context of the game, which shows what a superb job the TSNP twins and Dave did in keeping him quiet. But just imagine what he could do to Premier League defences, with the service Kevin, Phil and co. would provide him.

Now on to PSG and the semi-final, but one game at a time and let’s prepare for Chelsea on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.