Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the £150m talk. If he’s available for £68m next summer then there is no way both buyer and seller can only agree that an additional year is worth +£82m. I would personally expect that £100m would be much closer to the ballpark (I.e. additional CL income for a year + a bit extra for pride). Then again, I know nothing.

agree but Haaland has all the power if he only wants us he can tell Dortmund ok I’ll go there next season for the buyout clause sooner or later Dortmund will sell for a fee around the 90m mark

Remember when Torres went to Chelsea from the dirty scummy shits.
Think Haaland may be this. Got a good record but bloody hell, seen absolutely nothing that suggests he's going to rip the pl apart

Torres had sustained injuries and was well past his best when he moved from the Dippers to Chelsea - that was a mindless transfer. Haarland has tonnes of potential, great physique etc but he will find goals harder to come by in England than he does in Germany - but that’s part of the challenge. Equally, whilst Haarland has all the potential in the world he is not the complete player yet - Pep can make him that but this should be reflected in the price.... talk of north of £100m is crazy.... maybe in 3 years time. We should be getting him for between £80 and £90m... but it’s not my money.

I suspect the fact that Dortmund were playing a 4 5 1 didn't really help Haaland, in fact it wouldn't have helped any striker. Imagine him in a fluid 4 3 3 set up and balls being played to him by Gundogan, KDB, Foden etc. The other advantage is that when we get behind a defence we can put the ball in the middle knowing Haaland will be there. At the moment we quite often look up and check back and keep the ball as there is nobody to cross it to.

I hadn't really seen much of him until last night but he seemed fairly anonymous. So, those who have watched him more - did our tactics and game just neutralise him as a threat or is the hype a bit overdone?
We kept them well away from our box so he never really got chances as they sat deep. We did what generally we are very good at defensively and limit very good players by limiting their chances. Don't think you can look at that game and compare it to the amount of chances he'd get with us.

Am I missing something? He created two goals against us which is extremely hard to do. He'll scares defenders like no other striker can at the moment.

No I don’t think you’re missing something as clearly he his a huge talent. I’m just not sure at the moment he is worth the figures being mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.