Paranormal Experiences

I used to live in a really old building with 2 flats in it in Shrewsbury with an ex-gf. Apparently it was a pub about 300 years ago. Somone lived in the flat below us and you could hear them walk up the stairs and unlock their door, open it, close it etc. Sound carried really well through the stair case. Occasionally we'd hear the footsteps but no door stuff, so we'd joke about the ghost.

After we broke up whilst we were sorting our shit out I started to sleep in the spare bedroom.

She went out on a night out with work one time while i was in. I went to bed and shut the bedroom door, and I heard at around midnight some footsteps coming up the stairs, and thought 'it's the ghost' but they carried on up the 2nd flight. I'd left the door unlocked so she could get in quieter and not fuss with keys etc. I heard out front door open, then the bathroom door open and close. After a while nobody had come out, so I assumed she was pissed and maybe fell asleep on the toilet or something. I got out of bed, knocked on, nothing. Opened the door, nobody there.

She came home about an hour later.

For the record i don't believe in ghosts or anything like that but can't really explain it.

One night i was in bed with the wife when i heard something downstairs. Instantly felt creepy, so i was shitting it sneaking down the stairs in the darkness, convinced there was someone there. In the back room the window was open and a draft was blowing the curtain.
And that is when i remembered - I haven't got a wife.

The end of any discussion on "the paranormal" is when the James Randi million pound award is discussed. There is simply no comeback on this. One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge - Wikipedia

Spoiler - 1000 people tried, all failed.
From that Wiki link:

Astronomer Dennis Rawlins described the challenge as insincere, saying that Randi would ensure he never had to pay out. In the October 1981 issue of Fate, Rawlins quoted him as saying "I always have an out".[15] Randi stated that Rawlins did not give the entire quotation, and actually said "Concerning the challenge, I always have an 'out': I'm right!"[16]

Years ago my sister had a creepy flat in Whalley Range. I used to get a feeling of dread whenever I visited. It was always located in one part of the house and on one visit it was so bad that I became upset and actually asked if I could go home (I was only 12 or so at the time)

Fast forward a few years and I'd been out in Chorlton and needed a place to crash. I went to Panicos for a kebab and decided to utilise the spare key I had for my sisters gaff. She was away for the weekend with her fella so off to Whalley Range I toddled. I got back to the house and let myself in, put a few lights on and ate my kebab. All of a sudden I could hear a cold, high female laughter from the far bathroom and in my pissed up state wondered if my sister wasn't actually away. I shouted her name but the laughter just continued and at this point I began to shit myself. There was a foul, sulphuric smell emanating from the corridor and despite my beer bravado, I was shaking and sweating as I got to the door. I opened it, and couldn't believe my eyes - in my sisters bathtub was the Loch Ness monster and he looked me in the eye. I asked him what he wanted and he said "imma need bout tree fiddy"

From that Wiki link:

Astronomer Dennis Rawlins described the challenge as insincere, saying that Randi would ensure he never had to pay out. In the October 1981 issue of Fate, Rawlins quoted him as saying "I always have an out".[15] Randi stated that Rawlins did not give the entire quotation, and actually said "Concerning the challenge, I always have an 'out': I'm right!"[16]
The last sentence is the key point mate. Unless you can prove any different of course...

i had an experience once. Was 100% something beyond comprehension and not of this world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.