Les McKeown RIP

When I went from prep school to the main building Les had just been expelled for doing a jobby in the teachers only lift. Used to chat to him when we walked by his house. Unashamedly pretended to be his best mate to bag off with a couple of birds when on holiday with my folks in Filey.
Don't think he was ever much of a football fan or even played which was very unusual . Even then they were pretty much a teenybop band whereas Bilbo Baggins from Edinburgh were more a suedehead/ skin / football hooligan band.

A funny story regarding the rollers. I was 18 and had just paid off a ship and got off the train at Piccadilly station. Walking through Piccadilly gardens I heard all this screaming and looked around to see hundreds of young hysterical girls racing towards me. I shit myself and thought, " Bloody hell that's some welcome home!" Lol. It turned out they had seen what they thought was one of the group at the window of the Piccadilly hotel where they were staying and were on their way to mob the building.

This video is when they were at their peak, I think it was filmed at Granada studios.

RIP very sad.

It was a strange time for music, the seventies. BCR were a curious mix of glam and teddy boy. Showaddywaddy meets Sweet. The result: fcuking awful.

RIP very sad.

It was a strange time for music, the seventies. BCR were a curious mix of glam and teddy boy. Showaddywaddy meets Sweet. The result: fcuking awful.
Perfect summary. They were ...er...massive for a while. Of course the manager took all the money, it was the law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.