Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Isn’t the traffic light system just the way the UK do it? Other countries will have their own systems and rules
That's my point. If it's moved to the UK then travellers to the UK have to play by the UK rules. Assuming that most of the 17k other tickets are from outside UK then they potentially all have to do some sort of quarantine which for me makes it unlikely that it'll be moved to the UK. Move to the UK and you potentially have 8k fans and not many others. Leave in Istanbul and you potentially have a handful of fans and 17k others. I've a good guess which UEFA would prefer.

That's my point. If it's moved to the UK then travellers to the UK have to play by the UK rules. Assuming that most of the 17k other tickets are from outside UK then they potentially all have to do some sort of quarantine which for me makes it unlikely that it'll be moved to the UK. Move to the UK and you potentially have 8k fans and not many others. Leave in Istanbul and you potentially have a handful of fans and 17k others. I've a good guess which UEFA would prefer.
Many of the 17,000 tickets have not yet been sold. I imagine that moving it to England would require UEFA's whole plan to be ripped up and a new ticketing arrangement be conceived. Time just isn't on the side of moving it from Istanbul and setting up all of the necessaries at an as-yet unnamed ground in England. Three weeks moves very quickly. As you rightly say, the quarantine procedures for anyone from anywhere other than green-list countries arriving in England is a significant obstacle.

It's far more likely that the final remains in Istanbul and special dispensation is granted to the travelling parties and press.

Interesting .....am I right in thinking that if you've an Israeli stamp on your passport , going to other certain Middle Eastern states becomes a bit awkward . That wouldn't sit well with the owners, despite the recent thaw in relations wit UAE and Israel. Good call , though.
That used to be the case but much less so now as Israel don't stamp passports anymore. You get a separate card instead. The only way anyone would know is if you passed into Jordan or Egypt from Israel. Those counties would stamp and the id of the stamp would show you'd crossed. But the places that wouldn't let you in, you wouldn't want to go to anyway - Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, Iran and some others.

But just flying into and out of Israel wouldn't be a problem.

That used to be the case but much less so now as Israel don't stamp passports anymore. You get a separate card instead. The only way anyone would know is if you passed into Jordan or Egypt from Israel. Those counties would stamp and the id of the stamp would show you'd crossed. But the places that wouldn't let you in, you wouldn't want to go to anyway - Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, Iran and some others.

But just flying into and out of Israel wouldn't be a problem.
Tel Aviv is an immaculate city with beautiful beaches. It would be a very appealing place to host a final but would the stadium have the necessary media facilities? How would they work around the majority of people not having had two vaccinations? Would they see thousands of fans descending on the city as a burden on their security apparatus given the hostile nature of some of their neighbours?

Tel Aviv is an immaculate city with beautiful beaches. It would be a very appealing place to host a final but would the stadium have the necessary media facilities? How would they work around the majority of people not having had two vaccinations? Would they see thousands of fans descending on the city as a burden on their security apparatus given the hostile nature of some of their neighbours?
In the current circumstances it's certainly impractical and i'm pretty sure the Israelis wouldn't want it.

Hostile nature of some of their neighbours ? Fuck sake unbelievable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.