Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know something, I’ve been here since October. Every single citizen wears a mask when out of the house. There are far more sanitiser dispensers here than the UK. You have to have a HES code when you go to the malls , on a train, plane etc. There are machine gun toting cops on every main route in and out of the city checking peoples entitlement to work in the pandemic. They are taking this shit very seriously now. I think people think Turkey is all sand and camels. It’s a very sophisticated place.
Don't disagree, in fact my dad lives in Northern Cyprus, been out there many times via Istanbul. My point is I actually think at the moment any foreign travel is risky, given our low rates. Don't think our airports are up to scratch to cope with returning passengers.

I have to say there are bigger issues at stake here than the final. Maybe thousands of Brits going over to Turkey on holiday and bringing Covid back. And don't forget Istanbul airport is a hub for 100's of destinations. Not a good place to be
Can the Uk government not ban both teams from travelling to turkey?
Uefa, fifa, World Cup Qatar??
Same shit different day! Money money money

I respect your opinion, I really do.
We're not exactly Australia though are we - "bringing Covid back" it's already here if you hadn't noticed.
I know/knew the risks when booking my trip, they haven't mysteriously changed in the last 24 hours, in fact rates are falling dramatically in Turkey. I was happy to follow the guidance on my return and isolate for the required period, along with testing.
The Government have made an arbitrary decision which makes no sense imo
Thanks. But our Covid rates are now almost as low as they'll get until everyone is vaccinated. Govt clearly don't want to jeopardise this. And not everyone is going to follow the guidance. Govt decision was not arbitrary IMO

Plenty of them are, plenty are Muslim , it’s a wonderful race of people. So friendly, so welcoming.

Well, every Turk I've met in life has been at pains to point out that they are not Arabs, ethnically or culturally, despite sharing the same religion, for the most part. I can only go on what they say.
I have heard only good things about Istanbul as a a city. I still hope to visit it. Parts of southern Anatolia are supposed to be a bit hairy for a foreigner, though. I had a friend whose car was stoned, quite spontaneously, in a village. He swears that he was doing nothing to provoke. He had to get out of there, sharpish. Perhaps things have changed. It was a long time ago.
I've travelled masses over the past twenty years, but would still like to go to Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.