Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have much more goal threat than us & that’s a great worry. We might have 70% possession but we need 30 chances to score they need a couple.

we are much better but they have beat us twice now in big games & we just have no strikers on fire.
Having watched the Chelsea v Real game and the dozen guilt edged chances they missed , i think they are every bit as wasteful as our forwards, will be interesting to see how our best eleven players compete against their best eleven , it will be a good final.

I really, really hope that Pep doesn't over think it for the final.

Play the best team and unshackle them.

I know it was nowhere near full strength for us but they tested a good few players too. Difference is they seemed capable of cutting through us time and time again when we offered absolutely fuck all for that second half, penalty decision aside. They looked faster, fresher and showed off the ball movement that we couldn't match. The good news is we have another 3 weeks to address it.
They rested a few players but their system didn’t change. We rested 9/10 outfield players and the system... uh... well... can you even call if a system lol

They rested a few players but their system didn’t change. We rested 9/10 outfield players and the system... uh... well... can you even call if a system lol

Agree with that, but them with 4 or 5 players to come in has the makings of a really good side about it. They've been praised to the heavens by the media for being difficult to score against recently and today it showed - our goal came from an individual error in their defence and we really didn't create anything at all in the manner which we normally do. I get we changed the system, and we will change it again for the final - but that performance more than the result itself a psychological blow.

Assuming everyone is fit and well pep will go with:

Ederson

walker stones dias zinchenko

bernie Fern/rodri gundo

Mahrez kdb foden

only question being fern or rodri, whilst rodri was at fault for their goal he was also pretty good for large parts of the game. Fern at wembley found mount extremely hard to deal with.

Also worth noting 7 of these players haven’t started against Tuchel’s Chelsea so will be interesting/terrifying to see what difference this will make.

The only reason I’m not too wound up right now is I remember what Mahrez did to chilwell last time around.

Have to be brave and keep the game condensed and the football In our possession. Allow them to stretch the game and their speed across the pitch will be too much for us. Going to be a difficult game.

Assuming everyone is fit and well pep will go with:

Ederson

walker stones dias zinchenko

bernie Fern/rodri gundo

Mahrez kdb foden

only question being fern or rodri, whilst rodri was at fault for their goal he was also pretty good for large parts of the game. Fern at wembley found mount extremely hard to deal with.

Also worth noting 7 of these players haven’t started against Tuchel’s Chelsea so will be interesting/terrifying to see what difference this will make.
Yes, that's the team. I just hope he doesn't try some fancy new formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.