Today in 1947 almost 70,000 watch City in Div 2; Div 1 champions LFC highest 52,000!

Gary James

Today in 1947 City earned promotion by beating Burnley at Maine Rd. A crowd of 69,463 watched City’s game. At the time this was highest ever recorded in the second tier of English football.

the Div 1 champions Liverpool’s best that season was about 17000 less than City got v Burnley.

more stats/facts/comparisons here:

Today in 1947 City earned promotion by beating Burnley at Maine Rd. A crowd of 69,463 watched City’s game. At the time this was highest ever recorded in the second tier of English football.

the Div 1 champions Liverpool’s best that season was about 17000 less than City got v Burnley.

more stats/facts/comparisons here:

Yeah but 69k of those were Burnley fans ;)

I can take bantz, and I can take ribbing, piss-takes and oppo fans gently 'mis-remembering' historical facts to our detriment.... it's all part of the off-field game we play.

But, the "City has no History or fans" line that keeps cropping up is a fucking disgrace. It is also a disgrace that leading media outlets continue to allow mis-truths to be blatantly spouted about us, and our support.

Everywhere I look there is evidence to the contrary; stats, facts and 1st hand visual evidence that these claims are false, and are all down to jealousy and envy!!

Thanks Gary for bringing so much of our glorious history to the front of our minds. It helps when dealing with the brainwashed ignorants we generally encounter.

Manchester City is one of the most historical clubs in world football. We have no need to bow down to any others, and the tedious know-nowts can go fuck themselves!!!

Edit: I would also like to say, Gary, that the information you provide gives us all a renewed sense of pride in our great club. Thank you.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.