SPORT OPTIONS & SPIKE - CLF - UPDATE TUESDAY 18 MAY @ 9PM

Ok then.
you carry on thinking that.
"Those who come to the final of the Champions League will come and return on the same day, with a test done, in a bubble situation, on charter flights," she said.
"There will be two fan zones and from there they will be moved to the stadium and from the stadium to the airport, being in Portugal less than 24 hours.
"Obviously those coming by plane [to be in Porto while the match is on but do not actually go the stadium] will comply with the established rules and security measures will be put in place as happened in Lisbon last year."

How is the bit in bold compatible with the context of a non-essential travel ban?

I'm preparing for a bubble. Anything else is a bonus.

"Those who come to the final of the Champions League will come and return on the same day, with a test done, in a bubble situation, on charter flights," she said.
"There will be two fan zones and from there they will be moved to the stadium and from the stadium to the airport, being in Portugal less than 24 hours.
"Obviously those coming by plane [to be in Porto while the match is on but do not actually go the stadium] will comply with the established rules and security measures will be put in place as happened in Lisbon last year."

How is the bit in bold compatible with the context of a non-essential travel ban?

I really can’t be arsed explaining it again.

to be honest, the more people believe it, the more get put off and the more chance there is of the rest of us getting a ticket, so you carry on.

That has all changed keep up to date

this is now not the case we can do what we want

bubbles
expensive tests
sterile day trips only
no beer
too expensive
Indian variant

give it up
stay at home
stay safe
dont bother applying for a ticket
dont come
not worth the hassle
:-)

I really can’t be arsed explaining it again.

to be honest, the more people believe it, the more get put off and the more chance there is of the rest of us getting a ticket, so you carry on.
Because you can't explain it. The last paragraph makes no sense if there is a non-essential travel ban. Nobody is entering Portugal by plane in that event.

I took her remarks to the answer to the question to be "regardless of that", you took it as "in that event".

Because you can't explain it. The last paragraph makes no sense if there is a non-essential travel ban. Nobody is entering Portugal by plane in that event.

I took her remarks to the answer to the question to be "regardless of that", you took it as "in that event".
What don’t u understand is it that your reading a statement from Thursday that was then all changed Friday and none Essential travel to Portugal Will resume again on Monday, the 17th of May

desperately want to go, no problem with an in/out day trip, stuck in a bubble for a one off game like this, BUT, there is nothing on club website, after it was said they were organising day trips, its getting too close to the date now, 13 days and counting

It isn't the official position, @jimbo101 is right.

It was the response of a Portuguese Cabinet Member to a question asked by a journalist - with the caveat of how could fans attend if tourists were not permitted into Portugal. As we know from Friday, tourists are now allowed into Portugal so the context of the question is now out of date. I agree to a certain extent that we will have to wait until the club announce ticket details until we know for sure if independent travel will be allowed, but the bubble scenario is not the current situation.

Put it this way, in February Dominic Raab responded to a question about vaccine passports in February with "it's something that hasn't been ruled out and it's under consideration, but of course you've got to make it workable." Did his quote make it the official position of the British Government? Of course it didn't. It's the exact same with Porto. Until we are told otherwise - which will be an official statement made by the club, UEFA or the Portuguese government - we are all in the clear.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.