Everton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, how are you working out the % for injuries? How is it 5% for 2 injuries? 3% for Dias to get injured etc?
I'd estimate players to get injured on average 1-2 times per season, which gives roughly an average of 3% for each player in an arbitrary match. So there we can easily calculate that for the team it gives roughly 25% for one injury in an arbitrary match and 5% for two injuries in an arbitrary match.

Of course some players get injured more than average, but also some players get injured less than average, so it evens out in a whole team. KDB gets injured more than twice per season, but Dias gets injured less than once per season, so in fact for Dias it's probably less than 3% per match.

I'd play KDB (he hasn't played for a while and needs to get his match fitness) and a mix of 1st and back ups.
Kevin needs game time, match fitness and sharpness - and no injuries. I'd play him for the first hour and then get him off - no matter what the score is. I've never been so nervous about potential injuries. We need Ilkay and Kevin fit for the final. You don't say (I'm saying to myself)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slightly off topic but does anyone know what car parks are open on Sunday? Anyone know if the School is open?

After Atwells refereeing against Brighton I`m of the opinion we should take a PL fine, protect our squad and play a 3rd tier team!
I know people will say certain players need a game for match fitness but can we rely on ANY referee or VAR to protect our best players? The Brighton game would suggest no!
I`d much rather Pep plays a behind closed doors game for all the squad for fitness, I`d even rather have a half fit KDB, and others, on the pitch for the final than being stuck in the treatment room!

Absolute the right time to play a whole reserve side. If anyone asks why , just say if the officials can't protect our players, we will
Exactly, send out the U23 and when the media have their usual go at City just simply say we have the biggest game in the clubs history next week and we cannot trust match officials both on the pitch and remotely to protect our players especially after the mid week game versus Brighton. Make that the issue as the media will make such a fuss over this being City it will make headlines everywhere.

Tricky selection.

I would guess either;

The full team that will play Chelsea as they need a game playing together before the final.

OR

A mixture of players determined by fitness considerations, sharpness requirements and protection from injury.

I would more expect to see the second with the full team practicing behind closed doors.

I can imagine injury details will not being forthcoming before the final to keep Chelsea in the dark as they will do to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.