Youth football and the dark arts

Get them to join a different team. Not worth sticking around if the coach is oblivious to the stomping tactics or doesn't have the inclination to stop it.

Better than introducing the dark arts in response as you have already alluded to, it isn’t in the spirit of kids football. And you will get a reputation as a pushy parent on the touchline.
No no and no.
They are learning the game and bigger, older, dirtier players will always be around. You don't fuck off because of them, you beat them. This is a central part of the game that seperates the good from the bad or average.

Is there no way of helping this girl? The fact that she is still turning up and playing despite her fitness issues suggests she really wants to play.

Some of you may recall, however likely not :), my nine year old daughter is a footballer. She and two other girls on her club's team are extremely good for their age.

There is another girl on the team that isn't very good. Frankly, I sometimes wonder why she is on the team. Her first touch is atrocious, her second not much better. She has virtually no football brain. She is quite big for her age and used to have a good amount of pace which allowed her to make up for her inevitable mistakes. However, after covid shut down she has gained twenty pounds and it isn't muscle. Her pace is gone and she runs and walks with a limp. I'm assuming from the strain of the extra weight.

This girl has increasingly become more of a dirty player. She hooks the other girls and pulls them to the ground, rakes them with her studs and has stomped on her teammates during training. My daughter and neice are to the point where they don't want her on the team anymore. The coach excuses it by saying she is just strong and doesn't understand how strong she is.

I've been schooling my daughter and neice on how to deal with her during training. By being "subtle " and shouting "Stop it Lea!" and falling to the ground when she tries to pull them down off the ball to ways to put her on her arse. Whilst she is big, she is a bully and cries if another girl "hurts" her.

Am I a shithouse for teaching these girls how to use the dark arts to deal with another shithouse on their team?
Read back what you’ve written, about a 9 year old girl and then think; they’re all 9 years old, what the fuck am I doing?

Read back what you’ve written, about a 9 year old girl and then think; they’re all 9 years old, what the fuck am I doing?
I have read it. And whilst it may seem to you like I'm an awful person., two of these 9 year old girls have told me, unsolicited, they are tired of being hurt by her in training. They have also said they are concerned she will injure someone, not just hurt them.

This may not necessarily be aimed at you but, I find it interesting whenever there is a thread about schoolyard bullies everyone seems to want kids to stand up to them. I'm not sure the difference when football is involved. My daughter and neice both told me they think she is a bully.

Is there no way of helping this girl? The fact that she is still turning up and playing despite her fitness issues suggests she really wants to play.
I would agree with your statement. As for your question, if the coach can't help her I don't know who will. Her parents are morbidly obese, exaggeration. Last night at training the coach had them do four laps around the pitch. The team was finished and she was on lap two.

i''m not sure how anyone other than the coach can help. The parents may not take well to someone offering a diet plan. Maybe they would. I didn't know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.