Your Highlight of this Season

The passion and desire of the defenders v PSG at home, celebrating a block or tackle like a goal, Zinchenko wanting it so much. Pep and his cigar, Mahrez ability to control a ball, Mr Whippy’s intelligence...
But the more I think of it, just Mr Whippy. Ultimate team player, finally get the plaudits he deserves after his outstanding contribution at the back end of the 98 point season. I reckon one of the reasons we started slowly was his covid bout. We missed his understated tempo and reading of the game, a different way of doing that to Spanish Dave, but what we missed after he left.

Losing David, fearing the worst then seeing John Stones, Dias, Gundogan, Mahrez and Foden all step up. None of us predicted that. The highlight hopefully is still to come...

I can't decide between Foden's goal v Liverpool, not only the shot was unstoppable but Liverpool didn't touch the ball for goodness how long beforehand? Or, Gundogan's goal v Spurs, Ederson's pass, then Gundo's control to face-plant the Spurs defender to the pitch only for Gundo to guide the ball into the net passed Lloris. Brilliant !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.