Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

First off, I was really pissed off on Saturday at not getting a ticket, drunk later on and posted a load of crap. If I upset or angered anyone my apologies.

Good news today after 90 minutes if piddling about on UEFA.com I managed to get a ticket!

I'm flying tomorrow.

I bought my PCR test through, Attruchecks (£69) and it was delivered by Eurofins at Manchester Airport.

Please note the docs said it was at the Raddisson Blu Hotel, but when I arrived yesterday this had changed into a quarrentine hotel (£4 blown on Parking Eye). There was no answer in the phone from Attruchecks or chat intheir website. The guys at the Raddisson reckoned Eurofins were at the Clayton Hotel, they weren't. Eurofins were actually at the Hilton Garden Hotel (to the left of the main entrance) There is another testing company there (to the right of the main entrance) too, and also a 3rd company which you can book at the T1 bus station (same day results ~£85). You can guess I wandered about a lot!

https://www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing/manchester-airport

I recommend parking at the Clayton and walking if you're not sure. They use Good2Go for parking and you get 15 mins free (which might be long enough), but they bill you after you have left, so you're not pondering how much to pay because you don't know what the queue is like. The account takes time to set up.

They were fairly laid back about it all and don't forget your passport. I didn't have the paper form, but they had plenty. I think Eurofins will be busier on Thursday if your flying Saturday, or tomorrow if you're flying Friday. I got my results through at 9am today, so well early, but it's no good if it comes through at midnight, so you really need it 2 days before you fly (you also have time to chase it up). That said there is the more expensive Collinson one above.

Just my experience, I hope it helps.

I’ve just put the question up on sportoptions fb site, if I get a answer I will post. Would hope they might put some such advice in the notices when they send them out,
The club trips are only fly in and out no stay overs so this may be the reason Portugal accepted them as an exception, given over a thousand are possibly on spikes trip with hundreds of addresses all over Porto I’m guessing we won’t be treated as an exception…hope I’m wrong …none of us will have printed copies… I’m going to fill mine out but not send it then print it off, then just fill in manually the seat number. Then do the whole thing again in the airport sand then send as instructed. That way I will have something resembling a “copy”. I’ve also asked sportsworld to formally if they can confirm the validity of a PCR taken in the Uk anytime Thursday, pointing out how the embassy and city have been touting this statement referencing 72hours
Ok, nice one mate

Hate to tell you but they're saying 24 hours now due to demand. When I phoned yesterday the phone line still said midnight but the website now says 24 hours. I'm at Preston 2.10 Thursday, the guy I spoke to confirmed would get result no later than same time Friday. We'll see.

hope you are and them are right, I am at Preston 1:10 Thursday

Do we get a confirmation email or is all this going to be on phones for Covid test etc? My biggest worry is my phone going dead.
Wolstenholme pharmacy sends by email as well a text prompt to tell you to check!

Wolstenholme pharmacy sends by email as well a text prompt to tell you to check!
Cheers just going to have to print everything as well, I’ve just realised I’d booked my pcr test for the wrong day in my rush just got through and managed to change it.

I thought a negative PCR test taken from tomorrow (26 May) would also get you into the stadium?

Dam Health,

Anyone booked with Dam for PCR tests please check your emails.

Quote:
'We are also asking that before attending your appointment could you please download the 'Health Passport Worldwide' app, which can be found on apps stores using the link below.

https://www.healthpassportworldwide.com/

Once you have signed up, be sure to have filled in all fields of information including your current address and passport number otherwise your certificate will not be valid.'

We went for our tests today at Stretford and a lots of people were turning up unaware of this requirement (us included). It only takes 5/10 mins to download and complete but it was causing a few delays.

The guy at Dam told us they usually deal with approx 70 to 80 people a day but on Thursday they have over 800 appointments booked in!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.